Do men pull their weight around the house?

Survey out today suggests that women still do the lions share of housework. Does this surprise you? It doesn't me. :cry:

I am full time stay at home mum so I expect to do most of the chores but if I went out to work I would insist on a 50/50 split.

I feel so sorry for women who work and then come home to do all the cooking, cleaning, shopping looking after children while their husbands/partners sit on their backsides watching tv. Why do they put up with it? :evil:

Come on fellas lets have your views :D

Most lads I know are lazy.

My boyfriend is lazy. I work full time same as him but he expects me to wait hand and foot on him, just like his dear mother.

It gets right on my nerves and basically everyday is a battle for us with him going on at me to do more and me digging my heels in and refusing.

I've told him I wont marry him until he changes, if he doesn't then I think we will have to part which neither of us want but I refuse to be a slave to a man for the rest of my days.

I blame mothers.

Absoloutley!!!

Just taking my pinny off now after a morning washing hoovering shopping.

No seriously I do loads, my wife works as do I, so we both muck in. I do most of food shopping, cooking. She does most of the washing and ironing. I do all gardening, she does all the spending on her clothes.

No problem with it, I quite like cooking, takes my mind of things at work.

Did anyone see that program last night on Britian laziest men???

It was horrific. There was a couple in Hastings and for the last 32 years the Mrs (paula she was called) has been getting up at 4.30am every morning to wash and blow wave her husbands hair!!! Also is she doesn't do it right, he'll wet it and she has to do it again.

She sorts out his clothes and folds up his sleeves for him. Makes his breakfast and they they BOTH go off to work,

She gets back from work around 7pm and has a cooked meal ready for him by 7.30-8pm.

She then tidies up and makes him cups of tea, cleans and turns the TV channels over for him.

He goes to bed around 9-10pm and then she stays up to clean and get his lunch ready for the next day :shock:

My ex was usless round the house...........hence the ex. I worked full time whilst with him and it was like pushing *bleep* uphill getting him off his arse. My hubby now is great. He lived on his own for years before we met so he is capable of picking up an iron every now and again.

Generally though I do most of the housework. I work from home and keep the kids in check.

Moon Maiden

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

Did anyone see that program last night on Britian laziest men???

It was horrific. There was a couple in Hastings and for the last 32 years the Mrs (paula she was called) has been getting up at 4.30am every morning to wash and blow wave her husbands hair!!! Also is she doesn't do it right, he'll wet it and she has to do it again.

She sorts out his clothes and folds up his sleeves for him. Makes his breakfast and they they BOTH go off to work,

She gets back from work around 7pm and has a cooked meal ready for him by 7.30-8pm.

She then tidies up and makes him cups of tea, cleans and turns the TV channels over for him.

He goes to bed around 9-10pm and then she stays up to clean and get his lunch ready for the next day :shock:

Moon Maiden

Why do women put up with this?

That is going a bit far, did she wipe his a** too?

Just thought I'd add my 2 penneth to this mix and I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was fair.

I work full time in may day job and part time in the evenings, so on average I work a 50-60 hour week (in order for us to pay the mortgage, loans, bilss and save for the wedding next year).

My better half does most of the cleaning, cooking and washing of my clothes.

I do mow the lawn, do DIY stuff and the general man thingts around the house.

Am I taking advantage of her? Should I do more? Is it fair as it is?

Originally posted by "mikey"

Absoloutley!!!

Just taking my pinny off now after a morning washing hoovering shopping.

No seriously I do loads, my wife works as do I, so we both muck in. I do most of food shopping, cooking. She does most of the washing and ironing. I do all gardening, she does all the spending on her clothes.

No problem with it, I quite like cooking, takes my mind of things at work.

Three cheers for Mikey :lol::lol::lol:

Originally posted by "DaBouncer"

Just thought I'd add my 2 penneth to this mix and I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was fair.

I work full time in may day job and part time in the evenings, so on average I work a 50-60 hour week (in order for us to pay the mortgage, loans, bilss and save for the wedding next year).

You don't say if she works :wink:

Seriously though your arrangement sounds fair considering you have two jobs.

Originally posted by "Mo"

You don't say if she works :wink:

Seriously though your arrangement sounds fair considering you have two jobs.

She does work full time!

Shouldn't you be asking her???

In general it sounds okay to me, why not try offering to do some her bits every now and again?? Can it hurt?? She may offer to mow the lawn or cook something special because of the extra time on her hands.

Moon Maiden

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

Shouldn't you be asking her???

In general it sounds okay to me, why not try offering to do some her bits every now and again?? Can it hurt?? She may offer to mow the lawn or cook something special because of the extra time on her hands.

Moon Maiden

I may just have to ask her. I don't want to be like mi dad used to be wi mi mam! He was a right male shovanist (spelling may be wrong) pig.

Paula must be a lovely youn girl