Ghosts of Norfolk Park, Gleadless or Owlthorpe?

heres a interesting photo for you look at .the speaker on the right of the tv from a recent photo i took http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g101/barts96/DSC00050.jpg

tell me what you think ?

My son has been into photography for many years and takes hundreds and hundreds of photos every year, and now works in digital format.

He has never ever had an 'orb' in a photo yet - they are made up of a mixture of dust and moisture in the air - nothing spooky about them at all. We have seen other people pictures with orbs in them, all of which have been taken on digital cameras, mostly people thought they were seeing something spooky - but sorry, you're not.

spooky! i sometimes wish my grandad would pay one of us a friendly visit to reassure us all and let us know he is there somewhere!!

yeah i cant remember living there much, only the crap school i went to (bluestone), that i was best mates with a girl who had a prostitute mum and that there were some scabby shops and a scabby pub called jervis lum or summat? everythings gone now though, all new.

think she lived in kenninghall or summat? near to that bit anyway.

did you ever make a sneak visit to the queens tower (now newly furbished flats)?. in a previous post on one of the ghost threads i mentioned i lived on city road across from my school (norfolk) and that whole row of houses was haunted by the ghosts of a WW2 soldier or something. as i was only 12yo when we moved to intake i cant recall see-ing anything myself although those attics were a little spooky!.

Iv just realised how old this thread is but iv seen what I believe to be a ghost on charnock drive in gleadless. It was around 4 years ago and I was walking home at midnight and saw a Victorian man wearing a top hat and tails with a cane stood on the pavement outside a house. He didn't move apart from his eyes watching me as I walked on the other side of the road. There was nobody else around and no logical explanation for it. Another person I have spoken to has seen similar things in the area, I just wondered if anybody else has.

Me and my family keep seeing this woman always at bus stops she stares straight through you never replies to anything you say she looks kind if icy and pale and very thin has anyone else seen her its quite unsettling keep seeing her on blackstockvrd gleadless sure shes a ghost she doesn't seem human you never see hee in the day

Back in the 70’s I worked for Newton Chambers in their implant printers it was at that time when the power strikes were on and we only got power from Friday to Sunday, my job this particular day was trimming printed jobs for the staff that came in on Monday to finish them off when electricity wasn’t needed. I was working on my own when I saw a figure plain as day walk past me from out of an alcove and fade into a room just behind me I only saw him from the waist up flat cap, muffler and carrying a box I presume it was a lunchbox I ran up stair’s to where the printers where working and told them thinking it was a practical joke on a trainee, I was only twenty. No they knew all about him over the year’s they had seen him too, the building we were in was the original power house back in the 1800’s then a gymnasium in the war years and finally the print shop it was built on the earlier site of some Pig Iron Retunders  and a path where workers walked home the path was lower than our building hence I only saw him from the waist up, this particular day there was an accident where the Pig Iron splashed out of the Retunder furnace and killed this man so he was still trying to get home.

Now people say ghosts or a phenomenon like this doesn’t  exist it’s a trick of the mind a trick of the light I know what I saw and so did the people I worked with, these building no longer exist they are now new office block’s so I wonder if he still walk’s through them.

Is anyone aware of any spooky goings on in Manor Library,  Worked their for a couple of mornings cleaning a few years ago. Never again.  I remember one day was emptying a bin in what was the children's area at the time, in front of one of the big windows that looks on to Manor top. All the haird on the back of my neck stood on end a I had this horrible heavy feeling behind me, I was rooted to the stop, could not move i was so scared, I just stood their for about 45 minutes until  another member of staff arrived. I was crying aswell, I felt that I definitely  would see something if I turned around.  Never went back after that.

seems to me that many folk love to believe all this stuff,ghosts what a load of rubbish in my opinion,show me real proof?

To true many do like to believe hoping there is something after death I’m sixty nine my Father died twenty years ago and he use to say if there is some way to get back I will he saw a lot of death in the war so it didn’t scare him and I’m still waiting, what I saw and others too I still remember whether it was a trick of the light or a shadow crossing the wall I don’t know but four of us saw the same thing over time so unless people experience a similar kind of thing then you have to believe your own judgment personally I like to believe that when your dead your dead as nobody has ever come back and said other wise.

Coming up to Halloween,  any spooky stories