Ghosts of Norfolk Park, Gleadless or Owlthorpe?

Hello me again,

Well I know this topic has been done to death so wondered if anyone could reply to this with ghost stories specific only to the above areas? Reason I ask is because I have spent my first night as a user on this forum reading through ghost posts, no particular reason, but got me wondering about things from when I was younger..

Ok so never encountered anything myself, don't go looking for it, wouldn't really want to but as my intro post says I grew up on Norfolk Park where my mum lived for a few years before she had me. She used to live in the High-Rise flats that are no longer there (then again, nothing is there anymore from 1980's?!!), she had a few bad experiences and I know her neighbours had similar experiences. One involved a lot of weird things happening and one night her waking up to a hot feeling on her in bed and looking to see a hooded figure near her bed that she felt was quite evil. Another was that quite a few people in the 80's saw strange objects in the sky, just wondered if anyone who lived there at that time (or anytime in fact), ever had anything similar happen?

Also just wondered about Gleadless as that is where we live now and Owlthorpe as that is where some of my family live???

Hello me again,

Well I know this topic has been done to death so wondered if anyone could reply to this with ghost stories specific only to the above areas? Reason I ask is because I have spent my first night as a user on this forum reading through ghost posts, no particular reason, but got me wondering about things from when I was younger..

Ok so never encountered anything myself, don't go looking for it, wouldn't really want to but as my intro post says I grew up on Norfolk Park where my mum lived for a few years before she had me. She used to live in the High-Rise flats that are no longer there (then again, nothing is there anymore from 1980's?!!), she had a few bad experiences and I know her neighbours had similar experiences. One involved a lot of weird things happening and one night her waking up to a hot feeling on her in bed and looking to see a hooded figure near her bed that she felt was quite evil. Another was that quite a few people in the 80's saw strange objects in the sky, just wondered if anyone who lived there at that time (or anytime in fact), ever had anything similar happen?

Also just wondered about Gleadless as that is where we live now and Owlthorpe as that is where some of my family live???

Yes there is the white lady who walks around the bridge on blackstock rd quite alot.And the little drummer boy in herdings park

I lived in Norfolk Park high rise flats till I was 4 with my mum, 13th floor, and I'm 23 too. I never experience, what I can remember, anything at norfolk park, but we moved into a housde my grandma sold us after leaving norfolk park, and there, mty great granda had died years early. one night my great grandma, dead at the time, woke me to tell me to tell my parents, who were downstairs agruing, to stop arguing. me being young went downstairs and told them which totally freaked them out!

I lived in Norfolk Park high rise flats till I was 4 with my mum, 13th floor, and I'm 23 too. I never experience, what I can remember, anything at norfolk park, but we moved into a housde my grandma sold us after leaving norfolk park, and there, mty great granda had died years early. one night my great grandma, dead at the time, woke me to tell me to tell my parents, who were downstairs agruing, to stop arguing. me being young went downstairs and told them which totally freaked them out!

spooky! i sometimes wish my grandad would pay one of us a friendly visit to reassure us all and let us know he is there somewhere!!

yeah i cant remember living there much, only the crap school i went to (bluestone), that i was best mates with a girl who had a prostitute mum and that there were some scabby shops and a scabby pub called jervis lum or summat? everythings gone now though, all new.

think she lived in kenninghall or summat? near to that bit anyway.

so are u really into spooky experiences? i love stuff like that. my house at the moment is haunted, with noises and things moving, altho u do learn too live with it!

so are u really into spooky experiences? i love stuff like that. my house at the moment is haunted, with noises and things moving, altho u do learn too live with it!

I have always been interested but not TOO much if you know what I mean- I do believe cuz I have heard family members talking about stuff and none of them were/ are the sort of people to make things up, but not sure if I could cope with seeing/ experiencing something myself? Where do you live now?

BTW if I disappear I might have fallen asleep lol I am usually in bed by now, but will reply when I come on again! x

I rent a house in netheredge at the moment with my b/friend and brother. They were telling me for months the place was haunted but i didn't believe them. They were telling me stuff was moving and when they went to the toilet in the night, half asleep, they'd walk around someone as though someone was stood in there way. I believe in spirits but I thought they were telling me this because i was a believer. but i was sat on my bed in the attic one night alone when i heard a big sigh next to my right hear. it scared the s**t outta me so i ran down stairs shaking!

ghosts do not exist.

ghosts do not exist.

Not being funny or owt and I do realise this is an poen forum where people can air there opinions etc but all I really wanted were people with stories/ experiences or similar not really interested about who does and does not believe

ghosts do not exist.

thats a confident comment - what do u have to back it up?

spooky! i sometimes wish my grandad would pay one of us a friendly visit to reassure us all and let us know he is there somewhere!!

yeah i cant remember living there much, only the crap school i went to (bluestone), that i was best mates with a girl who had a prostitute mum and that there were some scabby shops and a scabby pub called jervis lum or summat? everythings gone now though, all new.

think she lived in kenninghall or summat? near to that bit anyway.

Firstly Bluestone was not a crap school (perhaps you disliked it... fair enough. You're younger than me... I'm 29.... and went there sometime after) but why on earth do you refer to pretty much everything on Norfolk park as "crappy/scabby" ???

I'm not claiming it's the best place in Sheffield but I had to respond to this post as it's so negative.

Anyway. Original topic response.....

Ghost stories about Norfolk Park tend to be about Queens Tower and the Captive queen. Ghost of Mary Queen of Scots etc. Quite interesting.

I too am not "into" ghosts etc but do find the whole thing fascinating.

Firstly Bluestone was not a crap school (perhaps you disliked it... fair enough. You're younger than me... I'm 29.... and went there sometime after) but why on earth do you refer to pretty much everything on Norfolk park as "crappy/scabby" ???

I'm not claiming it's the best place in Sheffield but I had to respond to this post as it's so negative.

Anyway. Original topic response.....

Ghost stories about Norfolk Park tend to be about Queens Tower and the Captive queen. Ghost of Mary Queen of Scots etc. Quite interesting.

I too am not "into" ghosts etc but do find the whole thing fascinating.

I refer to it as crappy or scabby because it was. Filthy, full of idiots, rough, horrible looking buildings that stunk of p*ss.... my opinion but so glad we moved. If it wasn't crap they wouldn't have demo'd the lot and yes bluestone was crap for me.