Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

Hi Muntjac

Thanks for the offer and I would really like to contact Russell Self

My contact details are twosedgwicks@yahoo.com.au

Did you say previously that Jack Sedgwick who had the cobblers shop on Douglas Road was your uncle ? He was my grandfather, so I would also like to discuss family history with you through my direct email link - I would be happy to share all my family tree work with you if you are interested

Thanks for the help Howard

Sorry PopT, i meant Ben had passed on, his wife Mary died a few years later,

Mary chopped the end of her finger off in our kitchen, she got it trapped in the cogs of the mangle.

hi this is my nan an granddad you are talking about im trying to find out more info on them please any any photos of pickering road on my birth certificate it says pickering rd hope you can help thank you x

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 09:54 ----------

would be very intrested on any info about pickering rd or parkwood springs my nan mary an gandad ben Mathews(bartle mannis) ,an if any one has got any photos I would appreciate if you could donate some to me I know its cheeky but got no family history about my granddad anything about him would be appreciated an anything on my other grand parents of my dads family my uncle was sam an my dad trevor marshall all info appreciated thank jo..Mathews xx

hi this is my nan an granddad you are talking about im trying to find out more info on them please any any photos of pickering road on my birth certificate it says pickering rd hope you can help thank you x

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 09:54 ----------

would be very intrested on any info about pickering rd or parkwood springs my nan mary an gandad ben Mathews(bartle mannis) ,an if any one has got any photos I would appreciate if you could donate some to me I know its cheeky but got no family history about my granddad anything about him would be appreciated an anything on my other grand parents of my dads family my uncle was sam an my dad trevor marshall all info appreciated thank jo..Mathews xx

Mary and Ben moved from Mount Road to 84 Pickering Road, have no pictures sorry, I think Mary had a sister, Brenda comes to mind but not certain.

the houses can be seen at Britain From Above,

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/

Put hallamshire steel in the search box,

Also of use to those who are interested in bomb damage WWII it damaged quite a few houses there.

thanks for that yh my nan had a sister Brenda x

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 15:37 ----------

Mary and Ben moved from Mount Road to 84 Pickering Road, have no pictures sorry, I think Mary had a sister, Brenda comes to mind but not certain.

the houses can be seen at Britain From Above,

http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/

Put hallamshire steel in the search box,

Also of use to those who are interested in bomb damage WWII it damaged quite a few houses there.

thanks for that did my granddad work in the steel industry do you know

thanks for that yh my nan had a sister Brenda x

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 15:37 ----------

thanks for that did my granddad work in the steel industry do you know

You'd be better off aiming that question at PopT on this thread, who seems to have worked with him and may give you some info, my recollection of Ben was

he was an easy going quiet fella and always polite.

I think that when they moved to Pickering it would have possibly been to a relatives house or next door Alf Eadon he would have remarried and moved out.

You'd be better off aiming that question at PopT on this thread, who seems to have worked with him and may give you some info, my recollection of Ben was

he was an easy going quiet fella and always polite.

I think that when they moved to Pickering it would have possibly been to a relatives house or next door Alf Eadon he would have remarried and moved out.

thank you for that alf must be my great granddad didn't even know his name xx

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 16:58 ----------

I worked in the steelworks with a Bennie Matthews an Irish lad who was keen on horse racing and a great fella.

I believe he lived on Douglas Road.

Does anyone remember him and how he faired in life.

I do hope he had a great win.

Happy Days!

hi ben was my granddad was wanting info on him as didn't know him or any info on any of my family members like my nan mary,,or my other grandparants alf eadon or my dads family marshals my uncle was sam marshal but don't know my nan or granddads names thank you jo Mathews xxx

thank you for that alf must be my great granddad didn't even know his name xx

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 16:58 ----------

hi ben was my granddad was wanting info on him as didn't know him or any info on any of my family members like my nan mary,,or my other grandparants alf eadon or my dads family marshals my uncle was sam marshal but don't know my nan or granddads names thank you jo Mathews xxx

Your GGrandad was Joseph Eadon c1904-1952 would have been Alfreds brother,

Their parents would have been Leonard Eadon died 1911 and Nellie Peet

Your GGrandad was Joseph Eadon c1904-1952 would have been Alfreds brother,

Their parents would have been Leonard Eadon died 1911 and Nellie Peet

oh lord thank you ever so much for this info where you getting it all from lol ive been searching yrs an on clicking on here for a few hrs found out lots cant thank you enough it means a lot as I don't get on with my mum so trying to get owt from her is useless lol xx

Does anyone remember my cousins, Rita, Steven and Dianne Yates. They lived at 22 Pickering Road for years before moving to Bellhouse Road, Shiregreen.

Hi !

Went to school with Rita . We were in the same class at Hillfoot . I used to live on Pickering road .

I have some school photographs which I acquired when my mother died . I will look them out in the loft space when I get time and post them on the thread .

Hi,

I'm looking for any descendants of Fred Bagley who lived at 33, Douglas Road, Parkwood Springs. Fred was born in 1881 and an engine driver at Needsend shed. We know he was there in 1911 until at least 1925. In 1936 he was the driver of a train that crashed at Orgreave where he received minor injuries. In the 1911 census he had a son Ronald and a daughter Edna. Ronald was my wife Sandra's father, but he died when she was only a few months old. Sandra was mostly brought up in Children's Homes and knew nothing about her Father's side of the family living in Parkwood Springs. It is possible that someone may remember the Bagley's and Edna may of course have descendants? As Fred's children were only age 6 and 1 in 1911, it's possible there were later children? It would be really good to find some family history on the Parkwood Springs Bagley's.

Many thanks, Phil

Edited by philj

Hi,

I'm looking for any descendants of Fred Bagley who lived at 33, Douglas Road, Parkwood Springs. Fred was born in 1881 and an engine driver at Needsend shed. We know he was there in 1911 until at least 1925. In 1936 he was the driver of a train that crashed at Orgreave where he received minor injuries. In the 1911 census he had a son Ronald and a daughter Edna. Ronald was my wife Sandra's father, but he died when she was only a few months old. Sandra was mostly brought up in Children's Homes and knew nothing about her Father's side of the family living in Parkwood Springs. It is possible that someone may remember the Bagley's and Edna may of course have descendants? As Fred's children were only age 6 and 1 in 1911, it's possible there were later children? It would be really good to find some family history on the Parkwood Springs Bagley's.

Many thanks, Phil

There was a John Bagley at 115 Douglas Road in 1948

also remember a Ronald Bagley-Baggley Farfield Road

There was a John Bagley at 115 Douglas Road in 1948

also remember a Ronald Bagley-Baggley Farfield Road

Thanks Retep

We think the Ronald Bagney in Farfield Road could have been Sandra's brother who's father was also called Ronald and we know he died in 1950. Ronald (Junior) would now be around age 66. Not aware of any possible connection with John Bagley of 115 Douglas Road.

Phil