Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

Thanks Retep, fairly certain Henrietta was my wife's Grandma but George wasn't there in 1948. Julie no connection.

Yes.

I lived on 130 Pickering Road. from 1953 (aged 3) until 1968.

Mom ,Dad; two sisters Jillian & Alison and brother Robert.

hi to popT IM BENS graddaughter i would love to hear more about him as i dont hav memories of him an yh my nan died a fair few yrs ago now xxx

I worked in the steelworks with a Bennie Matthews an Irish lad who was keen on horse racing and a great fella.

I believe he lived on Douglas Road.

Does anyone remember him and how he faired in life.

I do hope he had a great win.

Happy Days!

hi im bens granddaughter would love to hear from you regarding him as hav no memories of him at all thanks x

Just come across the Forum site. I lived at 102 Wallace Road from 1949 to 1972. My uncle Jack Sedgewick had a cobblers shop at the bottom of Douglas Rd next door to a cousin of mine russell Self. I think it was close to a fruit and veg shop. My memory though has really faded with time.

just found this site munjac you must be jacko from 159th neepsend if it is i remember you me & russell self going on holiday to rhyl in1966

Give me a little clue dutchpeter-does the 'dutch' relate to some kind of tree by any chance ?

Give me a little clue dutchpeter-does the 'dutch' relate to some kind of tree by any chance ?

some more clues st patricksfc,brightside foundry,scouts,cuold be elm tree?

just found this site munjac you must be jacko from 159th neepsend if it is i remember you me & russell self going on holiday to rhyl in1966

Does anyone remember my cousins, Rita, Steven and Dianne Yates. They lived at 22 Pickering Road for years before moving to Bellhouse Road, Shiregreen.

I lived on Pickering Rd. for a few years till about 1974, before they pulled it all down. Also in my youth before I lived up there I remember going out with a girl called Denise Hacket, from Douglas road. Then while I was knocking about up there I learned there was another girl with the same name. I don't remember what became of them.

Oop's just remembered, surname of girl I knew, was Lockwood, not Hacket

Edited by pitsmoorboy
to correct an error.

hi yes thats right there was jessi sheila tommy eileen maria lila berni ann christine and eamon there was from ireland

Hi just want to say that yes i know of them its my family Sheila is my mother

:|:|

any one from wallace rd or pickering rd 1940-1975

I lived in a railway house on Wallace Road,back to back the first entry after the gap opposite Hallamshire Steel,second house on the right, from 1958 to the 60,s and then the council health dept got us out,and I am still in the house that I got a that time

My nan lived in Pickering Road at the top. I would love see some photos of the area as it was in the 60s.