Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

My mum used to live on Wallace Rd. Capps family. Cannot remember what number. But, I do remember it was at the top on the left (I think), I will ask her.
Please do ask your mum, I knew Bill Capps, who was married to Rosie. They lived on Douglas Road, next door to my brother and his wife at the time.

my nan lived on vale road

What was your nans name? We lived on Vale road from 1964 to 1975 at number 58.

Is your name Knifeton? I remember Vera, Elaine, and Pauline, if I've got that right. I've not seen Denise Hackett for about 34 years, long time, and the same with Susan Shaw. The last I heard Denise was living in Skegness. I spoke to Susan on the phone about 4 weeks ago. Her daughter in law contacted me through friends reunited.

Yes, Elaine, I saw Denise Hackett last year in Skegness.

Yes, Elaine, I saw Denise Hackett last year in Skegness.
Hello Elaine,

Well long time, I spoke to Susan Shaw the other day and I mentioned that it was either you or Pauline. We had a good chat, and were both in tears with laughter just talking about the good times. Do you remember Margaret Lewis who lived at the bottom of Vale? They emigrated to Australia in about 1965, well I'm back in touch with her as well. We email each other quite a lot. Anyway Elaine, I hope you're keeping okay, and it's been nice hearing from you.

take care

Carol Walker

When I lived on Pickering Road I used to 'knock around' with Carol Wakelin and Eric Boocock and his sister Rita. Also used to be friends with Evelyn Astell and Lynn Debachua (aka Taylor), Linda France who all lived on Pickering Road. I used to go to the Parkwood Chapel on corner Wallace/ Pickering Road.

Hello Elaine,

Well long time, I spoke to Susan Shaw the other day and I mentioned that it was either you or Pauline. We had a good chat, and were both in tears with laughter just talking about the good times. Do you remember Margaret Lewis who lived at the bottom of Vale? They emigrated to Australia in about 1965, well I'm back in touch with her as well. We email each other quite a lot. Anyway Elaine, I hope you're keeping okay, and it's been nice hearing from you.

take care

Carol Walker

Hi Carol

No I don't remember Margaret Lewis. I have not seen Susan Shaw for a long time now.

Attention all Parkwood Springs people! There's several pictures of the Springs in JR Wrigley's new book 'A Sheffiled Colour Camera', including ones of Wallace Road and Douglas Road. Ten quid from all good bookshops in Sheffield. Waterstones had loads in today.

Ex-pats call Pickards on 0114 275 7222 or 275 7444 if you can't find one where you are.

My grandma grew up on Pickering Road, she always used to tell me about it when I was younger.

I've no idea of your ages - you may be a lot younger - but her family were the Astills (about 7 of them).

My grandma grew up on Pickering Road, she always used to tell me about it when I was younger.

I've no idea of your ages - you may be a lot younger - but her family were the Astills (about 7 of them). Apparently she and her sisters had very fair hair and were nicknamed 'the snowballs'.

I've no idea of your ages - you may be a lot younger - but her family were the Astills (about 7 of them).

I know Evelyn (known as Ebbie) and Maria Astell. I believe there was also a brother ?Lindsey? but not 100% sure of that. Ebbie was my sister Angela's best friend, but I was also a friend of Ebbie and we all used to go to the Locarno together.

I have lots of fond memories of our friendship with Ebbie.

I lived at the bottom of pickering road until 1975. mates with boococks,coopers, ibbotsons, astills and know most of the people mentioned on here.

, I knew Bill Capps, who was married to Rosie. They lived on Douglas Road, next door to my brother and his wife at the time.

Both Bill and Rosie Capps have died now.