Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

Yes her older sister is called Lynne.

Thought so, I went to school with Lynne. Where is she now?

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 18:51 ----------

Hi Julie . We could meet up if you like and i could show you what i have collected of Parkwood.

That would be nice, we'll have to set something up soon.

We are a group of past residents of Parkwood Springs and would like to get something written about the residents who lived there. It was such a lovely place to live with a village atmosphere. Unique being cut off with only one entrance under the Railway Bridge on Bardwell Road. So if anyone has any more photos please get in touch. Or any stories we would love to hear from you.

My father was born in Wallace Road in the 1930's and my grandma lived there until about 1970. My father is very poorly now and i'd love to hear from anyone who lived in Parkwood Springs so I can pass on some memories to my dad. He has no one who remembers the area.

thanks

angela

Hi Angela, All my family lived up Parkwood Springs we were the Eadon family. My grans 2nd husband was Page & they lived at 31 Wallace Rd, your father may have known them. it was such a lovely place to live everyone was so friendly. My Fathers 3 brothers lived up there also Lewis Page on Wallace Rd My Dad & Ted on Pickering Rd, & Joe on Mount Rd. Look on Face Book at the new History of Parkwood Springs from the 1920`s My Dad was Alf Eadon and went in all the Pubs and lots of people knew him. He lived up there until 1970. I hope this brings back a few memories for your Dad. Give him my Regards and best wishes, Barbara

Edited by barbarawarso

Hi Kelvinlad, I am Catherine Yates, daughter of Steve, grand daughter to Fred and Amy. Please contact me.

Hi Kelvinlad, I am Catherine Yates, daughter of Steve, grand daughter to Fred and Amy. Please contact me.

Hi Catherine, I've sent you a P.M.

Edited by Kelvinlad

My dad and his five brothers lived on Douglas road. They were called Christian family

Hi everyone,

I lived in the Douglas Inn right at the top of Douglas Road for about 3yrs until it closed to be demolished in 1974. I lived there with my aunty and uncle ( Joan and Clarrie Whittaker ) Does anybody remember them ?

Hi-

I am writing a book on Sheffield pubs do you have any info/ pictures about the Douglas you could share?

pm or email [email protected]

Hi-

I am writing a book on Sheffield pubs do you have any info/ pictures about the Douglas you could share?

pm or email [email protected]

Unfortunately I have no photo's of the Douglas Inn, I often wish I had. It was a very busy pub full of the regulars every night...... a proper local.

Does anyone remember and recall the name of the fish & chip shop on Douglas Road 1930's - 1940's and if there are any photos of it in any books eg.... JR Wrigley's etc....