Anyone from Wallace Rd or Pickering Rd Parkwood Springs

On 17/01/2014 at 16:06, Kelvinlad said:

I remember Beryl Shaw, she was a friend of my cousin Rita Yates who lived on Pickering Road. I think that Beryl lived at number 13. My cousin lived across the road at number 22.

Just glancing through the pages during Covid lockdown.  Cliff Shaw was my best friend, and he now lives in Woodhouse.  Beryl passed away about a year ago.  Cliff's nephew and niece,  David and Lynne Cooper lived immediately across the road from Cliff in the first house above the Hallamshire Steelworks.  I met  up with Dave and Lynne a couple of years ago and I'm still in touch with Lynne as we're both keen Wednesdayites.

Just now, FRED51 said:

New Russel very well.Was in my class at Chaucer.He became head boy.I also remember him losing his mother.When we left school I think he had something workwise at the Crucible Theatre.

Hi there. My great grandparents lived on Pickering St. They worked in the gas works. I am wondering about the history of the area. When were all the houses taken down? And is it because they were condemned?Does anyone know what happened to the whole area? Seems undeveloped and abandoned. Thanks!

A bit off topic. Get yourselves up there when its blackberry picking time, a really good crop !

Taken from the film 'Slade in Flame'

1974 ish

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

I delivered furniture to an address on Wallace rd around 1974, there wasn't a great deal left from what I remember.

Enjoy the pics 8) .

On 12/04/2007 at 23:03, smileyjiver said:

When I lived on Pickering Road I used to 'knock around' with Carol Wakelin and Eric Boocock and his sister Rita. Also used to be friends with Evelyn Astell and Lynn Debachua (aka Taylor), Linda France who all lived on Pickering Road. I used to go to the Parkwood Chapel on corner Wallace/ Pickering Road.

Just reading through all these posts, and I wondered who you are?  I'm Eric Boocock.

On 08/06/2007 at 20:35, soloman said:

i lived at no 21, and yes i did go to parkwood sunday school.

Hi, it's Eric, just reading through all these posts.  Just to ask who you are?

10 hours ago, Booey said:

Hi, it's Eric, just reading through all these posts.  Just to ask who you are?

Bit of a big ask Booey.

Soloman only post 20 post from 2007 - 2010 and last visited SF in April of 2011.

Keep safe 8) .