Moving: Cool "alternative" shops?

Originally posted by JonJParr

Also the whole idea of wearing clothes is that it's a luxury

Somehow, I don't think that argument would wash with the boys in blue arresting you for indecent exposure! "But, officer, clothes are a luxury, not a necessity!" I hear you cry as you're dragged off to the cells ..... :suspect:

StarSparkle :D

Originally posted by Guest

Howdy!

if there is anywhere in that God forsaken place that isn't a "townie" shop and where I'd actually be able to get some decent clothes/music/stuffs, Anyhoo hope I haven't offended anybody! :?

not offended - just wondering why you're coming here anyway? god forsaken place - Sheffield?? :rolleyes:

my problem with "alternative" shops in Sheffield are that they are :

a: Not alternative

b. madly expensive

c. sell rubbish.

I would shop in charity stores if there was likely to be something in it that would fit me (I'm 6ft7)

you may as well shop on e-bay

i would recommend kick ass angel too... wicked little shop!

charity shops are great! i have no problem with wearing clothes that someone else has worn and you can get some really cool stuff if you search hard enough, so long as there clean whats the problem??? always buy brand new undies though...some things you just can't compromise with :)

there's also elise's on glossop road (?) the road from the union to broomhill, they sometimes have some really great stuff.

chairty shops are ace. its for a good cause and you can pick up some really good clothes , not just the same stuff you see in every shop in town but something a little diffrent for a lot cheaper. im not bothered if someone else has worn it , i mean what a waste it would be if we all threw away our old clothes instead of giving someone else a chance to enjoy them as much as you have!

Kick Ass Angel is pretty good, but I wouldn't call it alternative. You can buy Acupuncture trainers from anywhere...

Sadly, Sheffield has NO alternative shops. None. Zero. Nada.

yeah all 'alternative' shops in sheff are a bit cruddy. would be cool to have something like afflecks palace (mancs) but even there everythings well expensive . i generally customise/make half of what i wear , makes it totally unique and alternative as ya want it to be .... to be honest ive never even been in kick ass angel , it looks good but im always too broke and its a bit outta the way for me

Charity shops have the same stuff as places like Freshmans but way cheaper, you just have to search. The ones off the top of the Moor are great - Quit, PDSA etc.

well from the last time i checked, green and blacks were fairtrade but if they aren't then...so what its the nearest you can get!

and you don't see mirages when you smoke pot you fool, no one i've ever known has ever seen anything different from smoking weed, ever...

I've quit weed :clap:

doesn't mean I'm against it now though, its just not too good for asthma

I wear clothes so that I'm warm and not just walking around naked

kick ass angel is an excellent shop, a lot of their stuff is alternative, shame its so expensive though, its like my dream shop :D

Well, I like Rocky Horrors but the clothes there are expensive.