Robin Hood, Holmesfield

I read somewhere elase on the 'net this week that the Robin Hood up at Holmesfield was the 'former Robin Hood'

Has it closed down? - and if so, when?

We used to go in there in the early to mid 80's just before we left Sheffield and it was always packed - especially at weekends.

Just so we are sure this is the same place - the pub I am on about was actually past Holmesfield - it was the last pub before you came to Owler Bar.

Just curious

The Robin Hood is now a private residence.

I’m not sure of the exact date it closed but it must be over 3 years ago.

Mantaspook

Thanks for that.

Shame tho' - I thought it was a great place

I read somewhere elase on the 'net this week that the Robin Hood up at Holmesfield was the 'former Robin Hood'

We used to go in there in the early to mid 80's just before we left Sheffield and it was always packed - especially at weekends.

Just so we are sure this is the same place - the pub I am on about was actually past Holmesfield - it was the last pub before you came to Owler Bar.

Just curious

The one at holmsfield was The Horns inn.....The one you are talking about was on a blind corner just about a mile or so before owler bar..Steep hill down as you passed it on the right..!!

I had some great times in the 60's at the Robin Hood. Bob and Brenda Parkin had it at the time. They had two sons John and Rob. I remember one of the boys died, he was only quite young too.. very sad. I think about the happy Hours I spent there each time I go past.

We knew the Robin Hood when it was very small and cosy. Then Pete Baldwin had it and made great alterations to it - mostly by his own hand - and the pub remained open with his mum running the bar. Some time later it changed owners when Pete went on to open a nightclub (the Climax) at the bottom of Wreakes Lane, but the pub remained for some years later until as mentioned it was turned into a private residence.

We had many good times in the Travs - opposite the Horns Inn- when Dougie and Pat had it. Sadly that too is now a thai restaurant where you can get a meal and 'extras' so they tell me.

A lot has altered pjkay since you left, time marches on...

Forgot to mention that the Climax is now a fishing tackle shop...

Just curious

The Robin closed many years ago and is now a holiday cottage - not cheap, too! My folks still live 100 yards down the road from it.

Hi

Just joined this site because I was looking up my Mum and Dads old pub and found this :-)

We had the pub in those days and yes it was fun and always full.

Sadly my Dad passed away a good few years ago but my mum is still alive (85) and working full time in her shop in Chesterfield.

David

Just curious

The Robin closed many years ago and is now a holiday cottage - not cheap, too! My folks still live 100 yards down the road from it.

I rented this place about 5 years ago, when we visited from Canada with our children and grandchildren.

We were coming to see my elderly parents who live in Sheffield. We celebrated my father's 90 birthday at this lovely old pub. It had been renovated very nicely with up-to-date bathrooms and kitchen but still retaining a lot of the old features. We were 8 adults and 4 children and had plenty of room.

The grandkids really enjoyed the hot tub outside and going for walks in the countryside around. We used it as a base for day trips around Yorkshire and Derbyshire. So many interesting and historic places to visit.

I still miss this about England, even after 40 years overseas.

Hi

Just joined this site because I was looking up my Mum and Dads old pub and found this :-)

We had the pub in those days and yes it was fun and always full.

Sadly my Dad passed away a good few years ago but my mum is still alive (85) and working full time in her shop in Chesterfield.

David

I remember your Father, I used to work for his accountants 30 odd years ago

The Robin Hood closed at the end of 2001. This was when the Peacock at Owler Bar was done up.