Sign in to follow this  

Sheffield Areas

Can anyone help me decide where to look for a place to live: - the areas i'm thinking about are Totley, Norton, Bents Green, Woodseats, Nether Edge. Can ppl tell me how long it take to get to the city centre (by bus) aswell. Thanks a lot, Emma

I'd personally recommend Bents Green out of those areas. IMO it's the best of the bunch, but also the most expensive, as you'd expect. City centre by bus would be about 10-15 mins depending on traffic.

Second choice of those areas would be Totley. It's fairly nice, though has a lot of ex-council houses in parts, hence prices generally quite cheap. A 3 bed semi would probably only set you back about £150k. It's right on the edge of Derbyshire too, but so is Bents Green really, via Ringinglow. Totleys slightly further from the centre than Bents Green so probably takes a bit longer.

Woodseats seems a bit out of place in that list... maybe its just me?

Well, i can only tell you that i really enjoy living in Nether Edge. Its one of the best looking suburbs in Sheffield, and has two theatres and a great community spirt (Website, newsletter and thriving neighbourhood group).

Its also very close to the centre, about 5 minutes on the bus, and also in walking distance. Expensive place to live though, the house across the road from me is up for £270k and our houses are some of the cheaper around here.