Finding phone number when name is not known?

Guest alyssa

That's it really, does anyone know how I can find out the phone number for a residential address when I don't know the name of the person who lives there?

I can't go and knock on the door and ask. I know who is registered there on the electoral role, but when I phone directory enquiries they say that person is not registered there. Any ideas?!

Thanks

If you want to speak to the person who lives there why not just knock on the door :huh:

Guest alyssa
If you want to speak to the person who lives there why not just knock on the door :huh:

Because it's a long way away. As I said, I can't. And yes, I could send a letter, but I would like to speak to them in person. :)

Because it's a long way away. As I said, I can't. And yes, I could send a letter, but I would like to speak to them in person. :)

You want to speak to a person you don't even know the name of :huh: You have lost me. Why?

Try finding a neighbours phone number.

Call them, explain who you are etc. and ask if they would help and ask your person to call you.

Guest alyssa
You want to speak to a person you don't even know the name of :huh: You have lost me. Why?

If you read my original post you would know that I thought I did know their name.

Sorry you are lost, but if you don't know the answer to my question does it really matter to you anyway?

It's a perfectly innocent reason, but I'd rather not go into it here.

Guest alyssa
Try finding a neighbours phone number.

Call them, explain who you are etc. and ask if they would help and ask your person to call you.

That's a good idea, thankyou. I might know someone who could help.

try http://www.b4u.co.uk if you think you know their name, its a good site although its not running fully at the moment because of an upgrade going on.

If their number is ex-directory, then you can't get it. Give up.

If it's actually in the directory but you don't know their name, then you might JUST strike lucky enough to guess the right name, but it'll probably take you a couple of hundred attempts at forty-odd pence each. Give up.

Just go into the Town Hall and look at the electoral roll and jobs a good un :D

That's it really, does anyone know how I can find out the phone number for a residential address when I don't know the name of the person who lives there?

I can't go and knock on the door and ask. I know who is registered there on the electoral role, but when I phone directory enquiries they say that person is not registered there. Any ideas?!

Thanks

The reason why directories will tell you this is perhaps the telephone account holder is not always the 'home owner'. In some instances, for example, it could be a young person, whose parents are responsible for the phone account etc. I think directory enquiries can now do address searches, so if you have the correct address they can give you a relevant number, but, for obvious reasons they can't identify the person.

Jayne