What is your fave seaside place in British Isles?

The North Norfolk coast around Wells-next-the-sea and Cromer.

Whitby gets our vote too.It's still got character and is a good spot for heading up or down the coast or into the N.Yorks moors.We were there this week,and enjoyed good eating out,watched a seal off Sandsend,and a tall ship sailed into the Harbour on Monday evening.And it's only 2 hours away.

We go every November to celebrate our birthdays. It's just so atmospheric, it's impossible not to feel it. Last time we were there we watched one of those mass starling flocks doing patterns over the harbour at dusk. Magical!

I love Scarborough. It has a North Bay and South Bay plus an excellent thriving shopping centre.

It has some first class restaurants too (my favourite being Da Claudios) and excellent walks.

It is spread out and there is room to stretch your legs and take the air. I like whitby too, but it is far too compact for me and is not a proper town.

I'd agree that bit of the East Coast is fantastic, had a weekend in Saltburn earlier this year, I also like Staithes, Sandsend and my top fave is Runswick Bay, why northern folks bother with Cornwall I'll never know!

Oh come on b/f, you've obviously never spent a week in a caravan perched cliff edge in Tintagel. It was pure heaven for, the wife and I, my lad and his mate along with our dog. It rained every day, but that didn't stop the bloody seagulls tap dancing on the roof of the caravan. If King Arthur actually did make his home there he was a complete dick head.

The caravan park did have a bar, but I blotted my copy book whilst ordering a pint of a very interesting ale with a 5.7 specific gravity, the surly steward, who made the amount of folk in the bar equal two said, "I can only serve you with two pints of that". I replied that I could only manage the one. He said "is it because of the strength?" I replied "no it's because of the company," we never really got on after that. :rolleyes:

Oh come on b/f, you've obviously never spent a week in a caravan perched cliff edge in Tintagel. It was pure heaven for, the wife and I, my lad and his mate along with our dog. It rained every day, but that didn't stop the bloody seagulls tap dancing on the roof of the caravan. If King Arthur actually did make his home there he was a complete dick head.

The caravan park did have a bar, but I blotted my copy book whilst ordering a pint of a very interesting ale with a 5.7 specific gravity, the surly steward, who made the amount of folk in the bar equal two said, "I can only serve you with two pints of that". I replied that I could only manage the one. He said "is it because of the strength?" I replied "no it's because of the company," we never really got on after that. :rolleyes:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:..........

That reminds me of the tv programme "the Royal family" when they went away in a caravan.

By the way King Arthur still lives in Barnsley.;);)..

Many years ago a mate and I decided to savour the delights of the Highlands of Scotland, and delightful they were. That is until we booked in at The Cape Wrath Hotel, nice place, wonderful views, so we decided to go walkies. The whole area was festooned with those black signs featuring a crossed out skull. Of course being Sheffield lads we ignored this OTT security, we had a very pleasant walk, straight through the RAF bombing range, the owner of the hotel was very unimpressed. :gag:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:..........

That reminds me of the tv programme "the Royal family" when they went away in a caravan.

By the way King Arthur still lives in Barnsley.;);)..

He must be sub-letting his 1.5 million pound London flat then.:hihi:

He must be sub-letting his 1.5 million pound London flat then.:hihi:

They have taken it off him or are trying to.