What is your fave seaside place in British Isles?

Last Friday we went to Skegness for the day and it was awful. The place was litter strewn and dirty with lots of tatty shops. To be fair the beach was good and the weather was glorious but my oh my how do people manage to spend a weeks holiday there :cry:

My favourite two places are St Ives and Whitby. :lol:

I went to Bridlington recently, it was OK but not that great. The best thing was a trip in the speed boat, best £3 I spent all day.

Depends what you want, if its a nice old seaside resort then its Scarboro.

If its a nice quite coast or beach, then the Pembrokeshire coast in Wales takes some beating, there are some fantastic beaches here that you can only get too by walking down a rugged path.

Anywhere in cornwall :)

Abersoch was quite nice. Clean beach, etc. Not much to do there though unless you have a car and drive out a bit.

Castletown on The Isle of Man (use to live there when i was little) and i like Scarboro and Ingoldmels

Scarborough gets my vote, I'd go there just for a Knickerbocker Glory from the Harbour Bar.

A little beach in the middle of nowhere on the Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales - can never remember how to find it, but always manage it at the last moment - you then have a completely unspoilt 2 mile long beach where you can camp on the clifftop and the farmer will occasionally tax you £1 each for the pleasure. Mint.

Flambrough head! Its the best place ever!

Originally posted by "Mo"

Last Friday we went to Skegness for the day and it was awful. The place was litter strewn and dirty with lots of tatty shops. To be fair the beach was good and the weather was glorious but my oh my how do people manage to spend a weeks holiday there :cry:

Problem with StIves is the flipping seagull. I lost count of the number of times people, including girlfriend, lost their burger, icecream, wallet (once) mars bar etc, swooped on and grabbed by some huge gull.

Fave seaside place in british isles?

Kilberry near Tarbert, Western Scotland on a warm Late June night, the Paps of Jura Silhouetted against the setting sun, looking out over the sound like a millpond and nothing but the sound of the tide trickling out from the rock and pebble beach. Next stop Islay and a diet of Scallops and Laphroaig Cask Strength.

Beautiful.

Originally posted by "Mo"

You went to Skeg-Vegas eh? Our old bird (mother dearest) has a static caravan down at skeg and she loves it. Can't say I'm that fond of the place. I much prefer Brighton (I lived there for a short while).

Never been to cornwall, but would love to go sometime. We just seem to take holidays abroad thats all. I was saying to the better half last night that I wanted to explore my own country a little more becuase I've seen more of the world than I have GB!

Originally posted by "DaBouncer"

You went to Skeg-Vegas eh? Our old bird (mother dearest) has a static caravan down at skeg and she loves it. Can't say I'm that fond of the place. I much prefer Brighton (I lived there for a short while).

Never been to cornwall, but would love to go sometime. We just seem to take holidays abroad thats all. I was saying to the better half last night that I wanted to explore my own country a little more becuase I've seen more of the world than I have GB!

I wasn't being rude to people who go to Skeggy DaBouncer, it's just not for me.

We've had all our hols in GB since we've had kids and found some fab places. The beaches in Cornwall can't be beaten anywhere though I would argue that the countryside there is no nicer than the Yorks Dales or Peak District. I've also heard that Northumbria has some of the most beautiful beaches anywhere and as a bonus are not visited much.