What's Northern general hospital, Longley area like?

Don't know what's the security there.

Nearly all my friends told me that area is really bad... :(

Really confused now. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anybody living in that area has any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

(Please don't delete this post, more people visit this section.)

It's in S5, it's a known fact that S5 is full of chavs.. Go figure.

With regards to NGH/Fir Vale/Page Hall... As with all areas there are good pockets but basically it's a bit grim. I lived there for 20+ years and saw the area gradually go downhill. I know recently they've spent a bit of money there to smarten up the area. I hope it gets back on track as there are some cracking houses around the Barnsely Road side of the NGH.

Thanks for that, i live in S5 and am in no way a chav :rant:

I've lived in Longley for almost 4 years (Longley Park end) and have never experienced any kind of trouble, apart from a few speeding cars at night but i guess that can be said of everywhere.

My advice is to listen to the people who actually live there :thumbsup:

Rich why don't you restrict your posts to the limited range of subjects on which you are not totally ignorant.

I have lived in Longley for 2 1/2 years and I've never had any problems.

my nan lives in longley,near the park,she likes it,its nt such a bad area as far as i know,i think all areas can have bad points.i live in thorpe hesley now which is supposed to be a pretty nice place according to most people.i tell you i had less trouble when i lived on shiregreen.its people tht make an areas bad points.thorpe may have been a lovely area,but it just takes a few idiots to change that.u never know were these kinda people are going show up.i wouldnt worry about it.every place has its good and bad people.i assure you

(Please don't delete this post, more people visit this section.)

MOD: Thread not deleted but moved to suitable forum.

Merry Christmas

I live in Shiregreen i have lived in Longley and southey green also, i have had no problems in any of those areas at all..... although i guess to be realistic some people do, i do however think the problems are grossly hyped up. :suspect:

I live in the s5 area, have done nearly all my life and I've had few problems of any sort with anybody there. I've lived in Firth Park and Shiregreen. It has it's fair share of problems and no go bits like any district in any city. If you don't go around insulting people then you'll be more than ok. Rich are you always this cranky or is it just tonight honey? :nono:

If you don't go around insulting people then you'll be more than ok

This means you have to take any abuse from the 13 year old wannabee ganstas without responding. They dont have a sense of humour or a sense of honour.

This may result in a) good kicking by pack of aforesaid 'heavies' leaving you with brain damage b) they follow you on their BMX bikes and find out where you live - further cowardly activity happens involving eggs/stones/petrol.

I lived in Page Hall (s5-just) A very diverse community, and my 3 house mates and myself had no problems at all (apart from from one knife situation).

I'd live there again. (apart from Shiregreen) :)