Sign in to follow this  

Football in and around Fulwood

i was wondring if there are any local footy teams in and around this area. i used to play for my village when i lived back home up near darlington but since ive been in sheff i havnt played it at all and feel i could do with getting the fitness and skill levels back up.

Well just get yourself along to the Sandygate Road, opposite the Plough pub and introduce yourself to the place where the very first organised game of football was played between Sheffield FC (the oldest club in the world) and Hallam FC (resident at Sandygate and the second oldest club in the world). You might as well be a part of that heritage! :thumbsup:

Hunters Bar FC are training at High Storrs school on Tuesdays at 6.30 Tuesdays and 11.30am Sundays.

They may need to sign a new player or two as some of last season's squad haven't committed themselves yet.

Ask for Jim (manager)

HBFC are in the Hope Valley League (Saturday)

thanks for the info guys, ill check it out in a short while.

i will probably have to just train for a while though because i havnt played for so long i have probably gone to ****.