Woodhouse/Badger Estate!

Hello

We have the opportunity to move into a property on a road just off the badger estate in woodhouse. The property is not on the estate but is close to the top side. I have looked through a few posts relating to this but most seem to be outdated. Does anyone on here have any uptodate info on what the area is like now? Maybe someone on here lives on the badger? I will be walking past the badger on a daily basis as i dont drive so just a wee bit concerned over safety etc etc. Some people have said it's not as bad as it used to be......but i dont know how bad it used to be!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Chris

I'd say the Badger Estate is generally ok, i wouldn't feel concerned over my safety, i walk past or through on a regular basis. I'd feel more uneasy in the Village itself where a couple of muggings have taken place over recent months. You have to look out for you own safety whichever area you live in unfortunately these days.

I think ages ago the Badger estate used to be quite rough but i think its calmed down a bit now.

you'll have the best, and most frequent bus service in south yorkshire if you move there! the 52 is evey 6 mins, at peak times.

I work in Woodhouse, actually delivery curry to Badger, its fine, never had any problems from the usual suspects, i.e kids in hoodies, although i would not hug them :-)

To be honest, the trouble you'd get in the badger estate is the same as any other estate... just kids with hoodies like the above post states. Every estate has them.

I agree with PT, the bus service is reliable (as far as im aware).

KATE73 is right, the village is the worse area, especially outside the Lateshopper. I used to live at the bottom end of the Badger, there was bits of trouble, but nothing worse than anywhere else.

Good selection of take aways and pubs in Woodhouse!

1 hour ago, LovePotion said:

Which bit is the bottom and which bit is the top? I walked through the entire estate today and both ends were top, it dips in the middle. 

OP, Woodhouse is OK, like many places in Sheffield, it can be dodgy, especially late at night, but it's nowhere near as bad as Manor, Manor Park, Arbourthorne. 

You do know the OP posted this 16 years ago 

• Haha 1