Telewest /television service

well its 4.55 and mines still not back on:mad:

Still got same message on screen.

If I reboot my TV Drive off at the mains will I lose all stored programmes/planned programmes or are they retained on the system?

:confused:

You'll not lose any of your programs/settings as they're stored on a hard disk drive - but it won't fix it

I've been having problems the last few days, the screen flickers on some channels with horizontal lines and sometimes the motion is jerky and cuts out. been having problems with the blueyonder broadband internet that comes through the same cable too.

The strange thing is that this seems to happen during periods of torrential rain and just after, but I don't see how fibre optics can by affected by water - or can they?

I've been having problems the last few days, the screen flickers on some channels with horizontal lines and sometimes the motion is jerky and cuts out. been having problems with the blueyonder broadband internet that comes through the same cable too.

The strange thing is that this seems to happen during periods of torrential rain and just after, but I don't see how fibre optics can by affected by water - or can they?

I've had the same thing. The cable isn't entirely fibre optic - I guess the poor/damp weather can affect some aspects of the connection. Might still be worth resetting the box once the service is restored.

Wonder if I ring them once this is all resolved I can bully them into some compensation e.g. free month subscription?....

anyone having problems? mines been off a good half hour and i can't get through to customer service.

this happens all the time with telewest. when you finally get through they will prob tell you to disconnect the scart and blow on it ... unplug the box ... lave it for 30 seconds and then it will come back on. thats what they always say when it goes down. so now we just unplug it, leave it for a few seconds and then plug it back in. its annoying when you are watching something and it conks out.. or when you have bought a footie match .. and it goes down then.

hope this helps.

The problem is that the service fo TVDrive boxes is down - resetting the box or blowing on the SCART lead ain't gonna do diddly...

Good job I there are an almost infinite number of things I would rather do than stay in and watch this X-Factor final thing...

Somethings happening now, the channel display is changing every second.

Somethings happening now, the channel display is changing every second.

mines just the same....should it be rebooted?

mines just the same....should it be rebooted?

I wouldn't touch it if I were you, the display has frozen again on mine. That was probably an attempt to fix it which hasn't worked.

the message ive got on mine is dont unplug the set top box its updating