Claypenny Student Lettings

My mates are looking at renting a student house from this company. Has anyone ever used them before, are they responsible and fair landlords ?

Please observe the rules on libel/slander please.

Mods I know this probably isnt the best place for this thread but I need a fairly quick response. PLease dont move it straight away.

We rented off them for 2 years and no real issues were fairly prompt if anything went wrong. Did have significant delay on one repair which was a leaky window however was due to owner being in hospital so forgave them that. However never really had a any major problems so didn't really test the service to it extremes.

I rented a property off them once as a student - I was unhappy with the original room they let me and to their credit they let me switch into a room in a shared house and refunded me the extra money. Others I know had rented rooms from them and I never heard any horror stories.

Is this the same claypenny properties as this website?

claypenny.co.uk

They seems to have lots of properties around the Ecclesall road area of Sheffield for students to rent, has anyone ever rented property in this area before? What is the social / nightlife like in this area? What is the the transportation like into Sheffield Centre and more importantly, is there a Subway nearby?

I spoke to them and they seemed very helpful but said that property moves fast when the new intake starts so I need to make a decision on where to let or not fairly quickly

I rented with claypenny's for two years when i was a student. they were very fair and reasonable landlords. Our house was totally refurbished when we moved in but took a longer than planned-they did not charge us for the rent during this period. Also any problems such as broken washing machine, heating etc were resoved quickly.

They are easy to get hold of too as someone is always in their office on week days.

We stayed on for the second year at the same rent payments as the first.

Overall would recommend them, very friendly and fair landlords.

Is this the same claypenny properties as this website?

claypenny.co.uk

They seems to have lots of properties around the Ecclesall road area of Sheffield for students to rent, has anyone ever rented property in this area before? What is the social / nightlife like in this area? What is the the transportation like into Sheffield Centre and more importantly, is there a Subway nearby?

I spoke to them and they seemed very helpful but said that property moves fast when the new intake starts so I need to make a decision on where to let or not fairly quickly

Yes it will be the same one.

The area is great, good pubs and shops near by. Encliffe park at hunters Bar roundabout.Botanical gardens not far.

Regular buses also not too far to walk to city centre.

And subway is right across the road from claypenny's office. (near champs bar)

and more importantly, is there a Subway nearby?

I was about to inform you that there is no underground network in Sheffield...

I can only speak as someone who actually worked for them for a while on a self employed basis, I found them to be a fair and reasonable lot! (It's a family run business)