Friday 15th Dec - Are there traffic problems again?

I think most other cities are like this every night not just occasionally when there's an incident.

Depends on the incident. This should certainly not happen for just a couple of breakdowns.

Yeah, i noticed West St./Division St. (et al) were starting to get snarled up at lunchtime.

Gridlock 2 days on the trot... who wants to start a conspiracy theory? :hihi:

I think the council are trying to get people to stay in town later - Maybe they will charge them for street parking till 8-30pm.:thumbsup:

Looked up Broad Lane tonight at 4 - traffic fairly slow. Decided to walk home instead of using the bus (I normally do walk - but not in the rain). The first 51 bus to pass me was at Tapton School - about 40 minutes later.

This was at 4 p.m. - I feel sorry for those who left at 5!

G

All this hassle in the rain! It`s not even Snowing, I hate to think what will happen when it does....

Well I got home earlier today than i did yesterday for 2 reasons

1 the bus (69) from Rotherham was that late I got the earlier bus.

2 I got off way before wicker arches and walked!!! by the time I got home I can only guess my bus is still in the place it was before. Cannot belive walking home can be quicker than bus!!!:confused:

I have to say I was warned in advance. We have an office in Quadrant near Sheffield airport and they were e-mailing us telling us of the traffic chaos.

Something has to be done!!!!

In the Star tonight the Lib Dems (who i dont usually like) are calling for Coun Terry Fox to be sacked, he is the man in charge of transport in this city. What do you think should he be sacked?

I say YES.

Well he's little more than a spokesman/mouthpiece for the traffic planners. It's really a "Yes Minister" situation, with the permanent council staff setting the agenda/policy and councillors taking the flak for it.

So where's JoeP now saying it's not teh planner's fault when the majority clearly believe it is?

So where's JoeP now saying it's not teh planner's fault when the majority clearly believe it is?

Planner1 is keeping a low profile tonight :hihi: :hihi:

I think most other cities are like this every night not just occasionally when there's an incident.

I know people from other places who don't even realise when it's the rush hour in Sheffield. True!

Dont be silly. its like this all the time in Sheffield at least other cities have alternative routes out of the city when the main roads are blocked. Here you only have on way out and one way in. its pathetic. 3 nights in a row it has took me more than 1 hour to do a 5 mile journey!! im starting to regret working in the city centre!

There was another breakdown on Park Square roundabout too, around 5.30 - 5.50ish and I was stuck in it yet again! Thankfully without the twins cos that would have been hell.

This is me letting off steam, so ignore it!:hihi:

I've just finished working again (taxi despatching) and tonight as last night, have had to explain 1000 times why taxis are delayed.

As much as people have shouted and insulted us, I've tried f*'ing hard to get people to their Christmas do's.(and back)

But later on, (BTW, how many people have been out tonight?? I think everyone in the City!) it just got worse..

Everything I've done tonight has backfired. I stayed late, so not as to leave the night despatcher lumbered with a gazillion jobs to cover. I screamed at the telephonists, that if I saw ONE single job in town, that wasn't a hotel, I'm kicking some ass, and after coming back from my tea break, there were 80 jobs in the town plot (which ranges from Park Square roundabout to Carver St) ALL HOTELS! (and the Cutlers hall)

I wouldn't normally allow 80 jobs to be queueing in the entire city, and this was one plot of 90 plots I have to deal with.

Thank god I got beer in, and it tastes great. :)

(carry on)

ash

p.s if the lass from Dore, who I covered 1 hour late going out, and 1 hour and half back reads, my apologies. (a free return was the least I could offer)

edit, wrong thread as well I think:hihi: