Friday 15th Dec - Are there traffic problems again?

Even us ambulances have had a nightmare getting through on calls. Been bedlem all day and really bad from about 2.30. took our crew an hour and 10mins to get back to station from castle square.

Can't fault your work and efforts and from what I saw, he wouldnt have needed to go on the pavement, if the tools on the other side of the road that were inspecting their minor bump had got off the friggin road!

Again everyone is frustrated behind the wheel :|

I'm not bothered. I'm in the Dove and Rainbow playing on the internet and drinking scrumpy. This is always the best course of action when confronted by heavy traffic and infrequent buses.

think this needs merging with the other thread

There was a traffic light failure according to the bus driver, but there had also been an artic broken down somewhere near the station, as I saw the tow truck take the cab unit away. As soon as this was done the area around the bus station miraculously freed up, and the bus shot down Queens Rd as it was absolutely dead heading to Abbeydale Rd.

Much of the congestion round the bus station was caused by people illegally driving down Paternoster Row and past the NMB to turn right and rat run. The buses couldn't get past because of the sheer number of cars sitting there where they are not allowed. So all the buses were then backed up and couldn't either get in or out of the Interchange.

It took the bus I was travelling on, over an hour to get from the bus stops on Waingate, by the Market, to the town hall, from 3.40/3.45 to five pm.

I heard tell there was some sort of accident, which contributed to the chaos.

I heard tell there was some sort of accident, which contributed to the chaos.

I would think so by the number of ambulances that have gone past my office in the past hour. :(

Looks like hell out there. Just got soaked walking back from boho and the traffic on West Street, and all the side roads is barely moving. On a side note, the traffic cameras are working again, and it looks like hell EVERYWHERE!

Good thinking - I usually have finished up in the 'Dog and Partridge' in Trippet Lane when I worked in Exchange St.

Double or treble road tax and fuel duty on private cars so us van drivers can do our work.

We need to get out there and do things to keep the country going while you lot are just on the bloody school run or out to visit some woman's knitting group or something.

Double or treble road tax and fuel duty on private cars so us van drivers can do our work.

We need to get out there and do things to keep the country going while you lot are just on the bloody school run or out to visit some woman's knitting group or something.

. . Troll score 2 outta 5. Must try harder!!! ;)

I left Woodseats at 5.07, arrived Attercliffe 17.25, did trolley dash around warehouse left there at 17.55 and arrived back at Woodseats via Bernard Rd, Norfolk Park, little streets at the back of Heeley, Chesterfield Rd, Little London Rd, Woodseats Rd at 18.25 which is about 5 minutes longer than it usually takes me ... the gridlock must be all in the City Centre?

But having been forewarned by the similar thread last night, I made sure not to go anywhere near any roads you lot might be blocking up :hihi: