Giovannis wine bar

Hi I was a student up in the Seffield area and used to frequent Giovanni's wine bar on Eccleshall Road . Is it still going?

That's "EccleSALL" Road.

I moved onto Ecclesall Road in March 2001 and it wasn't there then. The only wine bar of such i know of is one called Menzels. Where abouts was it?

It could have been Abbeydale Road. Is the Dam House restauraunt still going?

Does anybody know Giovanni Falsone? (senior). I was a friend of his when I lived in Sheffield but have since lost contact.

As far as I know, the Dam House burned to the ground years ago.

Oh dear!! I hope that there was nobody in it at the time.

Nobody got harmed when it was torched. It had been an empty fail restaurant for a while before that. It has been re-built, roofed and painted. Don't know if it is open yet or as what.

Thanks for the info about the Dam House. The wine bar was called Victoria Wine Bar not Giovanni's. I'm getting a bit old and my memory is beginning to fail!! Have you heard of that one?

On 12/07/2004 at 15:17, Scratchitt said:

Does anybody know Giovanni Falsone? (senior). I was a friend of his when I lived in Sheffield but have since lost contact.

He passed away on 1st May 2019 sadly.  What a character!  End of an Era which began in the 70's.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 03:34, julie8 said:

He passed away on 1st May 2019 sadly.  What a character!  End of an Era which began in the 70's.

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 03:34, julie8 said:

Was he of the same family that ran the restaurant that was across (or thereabouts) from the Nursery Tavern ?

I remember Giovanni's on ecclesall road. I moved to Sheffield in around 1990 and it was there then. it was opposite

where Marks and Spencers is today. It was a Pizza and wine bar with wooden benches if that helps. 

( Little Johnny)Johnny  Falzone, Had several operations in Restaurants/Wine bars in Sheffield over the yrs. Sadly he has now died a few weeks back RIP Little  Johnny