Hero on the number 22 bus

I was travelling on the 22 bus to Nether Edge today at 5pm. Bus was packed. I got on at the Highstreet and there was bloke on there with a dog eating what looked like a raw hunk of meat. For seemingly no reason, this guy started to shout and threaten other passangers, including an old guy with a white stick. He was f-ing and blinding and threatened to kill everyone on the bus. I genuinely thought he might attack someone at any minute. He said he'd just got out of prison. Noone knew what to do and, as he was sat near the front, most people were too frightened to get off.

A bloke sat in front of me rang the police and calmly told them everything they needed to know. Two 12 year old girls were sat further forward and were crying, they were so frightened. He got them to come and sit near him and reassured them that all would be well. He took a call from the police and moved to the front to help the bus driver. The guy with a dog eventually got off the bus of his own accord because the bus was moving so slowly, threatening the nice bloke on his way.

I just wanted to say thank you to the guy who called the police. I reckon he must work in probation or similar. He did a fantastic job and reaffirmed my belief that some people will stand up for others. If you're reading this - great job, you deserve many gold stars.

Chicken Monkey x

I was travelling on the 22 bus to Nether Edge today at 5pm. Bus was packed. I got on at the Highstreet and there was bloke on there with a dog eating what looked like a raw hunk of meat. For seemingly no reason, this guy started to shout and threaten other passangers, including an old guy with a white stick. He was f-ing and blinding and threatened to kill everyone on the bus. I genuinely thought he might attack someone at any minute. He said he'd just got out of prison. Noone knew what to do and, as he was sat near the front, most people were too frightened to get off.

A bloke sat in front of me rang the police and calmly told them everything they needed to know. Two 12 year old girls were sat further forward and were crying, they were so frightened. He got them to come and sit near him and reassured them that all would be well. He took a call from the police and moved to the front to help the bus driver. The guy with a dog eventually got off the bus of his own accord because the bus was moving so slowly, threatening the nice bloke on his way.

I just wanted to say thank you to the guy who called the police. I reckon he must work in probation or similar. He did a fantastic job and reaffirmed my belief that some people will stand up for others. If you're reading this - great job, you deserve many gold stars.

Chicken Monkey x

Sounds like a nutter(the bloke with the dog) Trouble is now all the mental hospitals have closed, a lot of disturbed people are wandering around.Sounds like the other guy really kept his cool, which is what you have to do with mental cases.

Trouble is now all the mental hospitals have closed, a lot of disturbed people are wandering around.

And, from what I see daily, breeding!! :(

If only more people had the maturity and courage to face up to anti-social incidents. The man may have been on some sort of substance. people can be incredibly frightening on crack, for instance.

What was the bus driver doing while all that was going on?

Wow what did this guy look like? Age etc? Where does the 22 go?

Wow what did this guy look like? Age etc? Where does the 22 go?

Nether Edge Hospital.. Well near it anyway..

Was on the 82 bus the other day, and a young guy got on who looked high on something.He waived his out of date pass at the driver & started shouting.The driver remained calm & just told him to get off the bus. (Which he did)

...then the person with the out of date pass came on here and posted a complaint about Sheffield bus drivers?? :D

What was the bus driver doing while all that was going on?

He was pretending not to hear it. There was very little he could do except keep the bus going slowly so that the police could get to us (which, incidently, they didn't). The bus driver couldn't have approached the guy. It was a difficult situation. I was disappointed that the police didn't get there. I think the bloke was dangerous.

He was black / asian, late 30's, dark clothes and a beanie. Bout 5'9, 5'10. I don't think he was all with it.

The two girl's on the bus had never been on the bus on their own before. They were absolutely terrified.

He was pretending not to hear it. There was very little he could do except keep the bus going slowly so that the police could get to us (which, incidently, they didn't). The bus driver couldn't have approached the guy. It was a difficult situation. I was disappointed that the police didn't get there. I think the bloke was dangerous.

He was black / asian, late 30's, dark clothes and a beanie. Bout 5'9, 5'10. I don't think he was all with it.

The two girl's on the bus had never been on the bus on their own before. They were absolutely terrified.

Bus drivers usually send a description through to their office, telling all the other drivers to watch out for people like this.

Bus drivers usually send a description through to their office, telling all the other drivers to watch out for people like this.

Yeah, watch out bus drivers. I wouldn't be bus driver for all the tea in China.

And could anyone who works for probation ask around about this at work tomorrow. I'm sure the hero guy works in this area and he deserves some bigging up.

CM x

Chicken Monkey x

if not driving i get this bus there are lots of houses in netheredge that support people with enduring mental health needs.