Grid Lock in City Centre - Thursday 14th December.

The Land Rover and trailer were on Nursery Street near to Park Square roundabout. The Driver was sat on his trailer when I went past. At the end of the day if he broke down it’s not his fault. The point I was trying to make is how ridiculous it is that something as minor as that can grind the city to a halt! With everything being one way there is only one way I can get to the Parkway from West Bar and it took me an hour to do so! :mad:

Its all a good excuse to sit in a boozer for two hours if you ask me.

I was trying to get to the boozer! It was my day off! Boo.

Fortunately I avoided all this by driving from Broomhill to Hillsborough, but if the council had their way and made me go by public transport, I'd have been stuck right in the middle of it.

It's shocking isn't it?

What we need is a solution and it's obvious the council with their poo-brained approach to road planning aren't going to come up with one.

So here goes.

I'm going to open some Space Hopper shops in and around the city centre. You can buy or you can rent them. Look out of your office window and see the gridlock? Go on, come buy your day-glo coloured space-hopper and hop your way home, bouncing on those vehicles stuck in yet another jam.

Each space hopper comes with an "I'm Not Hopping Mad, I'm Hopping Home" logo on the side and with lights on. They're safe, they're fun and they'll stop the growth in obesity.

Gosh. I'm preparing my case for Dragons' Den.

I'll tell you when I'm going to be on the tele.

PS. They're great to park too. Simply deflate and tuck in your jacket pocket.

I'm onto a winner, I just know I am.

Fantastic. I think you need to work on the saftey aspect tho. Once you are a billionaire can you buy Sheffield United and inject 750 million into the club, and intorduce taco bell to the UK cos their tacos are great for hangovers inccurred whilst spending 3 hours in the pub waiting for the traffic to calm down. Lovely!

You're doing it again...

...the gridlock wasn't from "one side of the city to the other", it was only in the middle...

...so you could "get out".

Yeah, but if you get out and walk to the other side of the city centre then you've still got to wait for a bus out the other side.

I waited for 5 or 10 minutes outside the peace gardens for a number 25 bus (I could see it maybe 20m up the road) and eventually, after the traffic not moving for all that time, decided that I'd walk home - fortunately i only live 45 minutes walk away. I walk the same way as the number 25 bus goes, and no buses passed me on my way home.

I'm fortunate that I'm young enough, fit enough, and live close enough that walking home was possible.

It took me 2hrs to get from Penistone Rd (nr the pigs ground), up to Norton Lees.

There was no way out, Shalesmoors, St Phillips Rd, West St and the City Centre were all gridlock. If i'd have known this was down to some prat dumping there Chelsea Charriot in the middle of the road i'd have gone up with a can of petrol burn't the poxy car out and rolled it down the nearest banking.

I missed playing football because of this inconsiderate tosser, it amazes me that no one (not even the police) took the initiative and removed the obstruction.

I had a table booked for 7.30pm for my birthday meal and we didnt get there til 8 because of the traffic.

The congestion was just as bad coming out of town along Penistone Rd as it was going in. I thought it was happy Christmas shoppers.

Can I just say "Hi" to anyone else who performed numerous 5 point turns in the speed-bumped back streets of Pitsmoor in a desperate attempt to find a route far enough north to avoid the gridlock. :wave:

I made it to Herries Road thanks to TomTom.

Sorry to change the direction of this thread but can someone please tell me why it's a doddle to get both into and out of the city centre on Friday's? Am I missing out on a simple explanation? :confused:

Sorry to change the direction of this thread but can someone please tell me why it's a doddle to get both into and out of the city centre on Friday's? Am I missing out on a simple explanation? :confused:

P.O.E.T.S. day?

I always thought it was because more people have Friday off and also alot of people finish work early on a Friday..well the ones who have nice bosses do anyway!:hihi:

It's shocking isn't it?

Each space hopper comes with an "I'm Not Hopping Mad, I'm Hopping Home" logo on the side and with lights on. They're safe, they're fun and they'll stop the growth in obesity.

Could you keep a few pogo-sticks too ? ....for people with piles :hihi: