Grid Lock in City Centre - Thursday 14th December.

...the gridlock wasn't from "one side of the city to the other", it was only in the middle...

...so you could "get out".

Unless like me, you needed to get IN to gridlock-zone. :(

Unless like me, you needed to get IN to gridlock-zone. :(

Serves ya right "meoaw" boy.

;)

Hmmm, the traffic light sequencing also leaves a lot to be desired

3 minutes for the round Park square round about sequences (which were at grid lock) and 30 seconds for those whose way was clear...

Isn't this CCTV technology helpful?

yh i was stuck in it

i decided tp jus go thro the red light

was taking too long to change

I trust the Land Rover driver who caused it all has been assassinated with poison dart by now??

No, but he has now bought a smart car so next time he can just pick it up and put it in his pocket instead of causing all this bloody aggro!

I've just got back from work. (despatching taxis) and between 6 and 8pm was great fun!

My telephonists and I have been called everything under the sun tonight. I've learnt loads of new words. (shame the swear filter won't allow me to share some of them).

I'm sure the Star will have a front page on this tomorrow. Maybe, some of the most unreasonable people I've have ever spoken to, tonight, may realise, that because 'Dore Road is clear' doesn't mean the city transportation system is flowing beautifully.

My favourite tonight was when a customer said "the city is at stand still because of a broken down car and an accident?? what sort of reason is that for my taxi being late? :hihi: :hihi:

Its all a good excuse to sit in a boozer for two hours if you ask me.

Now thats common sense and reasoning!

Should do what they do in London if you park on a red route - parking attendants turn up with one of those pick up trucks with a crane and lift the car onto the back of the lorry and take it away to the car pound!

Or use his steering lock to bash some common sense into him!

Sounds like I was quite lucky really. I got to parksquare roundabout, realised everything was stantionary, turned towards the arches, then up towards pitsmoor (got slightly lost), found myself again, came down into neepsend on the big hill near the ski village, from that point (which had taken 30 mins) I was home in another 10.

I was stuck in the traffic for over an hour also. All was ok people moved for Ambulances etc,and most drivers kept a cool head.

Why is everyone assuming, it was a man driving the 4 x4 with trailer that was abandoned or did someone on here actualy see the driver walk off? The radio just said a driver not wether male or female

Nightmare! :rant:

The tram driver told us that the driver of the car that broke down at West Bar got out, locked the doors and put the steering lock on too, and walked off! They couldn't shift the damned thing.

If that turns out to be true, they ought to ban the driver for life.

So what do you want him/her to do? Do you want him to leave the car unlocked with the keys in the ignition – the steering locks on my car as soon as I take the keys out.

Do you know how long he left the car for?

Car breaks down, driver has no mobile phone – not everyone does have one. Has to go and find a phone – may not be local so (if he broke down on West-bar) didn’t know there was a police station near-by to got to for assistance.

That said, we saw a minor crash outside West Bar police station a few months ago, took the police TWO HOURS to clear it even though one of the drivers went and reported it (the other driver legged it – but left the keys in the car).

G

It's shocking isn't it?

What we need is a solution and it's obvious the council with their poo-brained approach to road planning aren't going to come up with one.

So here goes.

I'm going to open some Space Hopper shops in and around the city centre. You can buy or you can rent them. Look out of your office window and see the gridlock? Go on, come buy your day-glo coloured space-hopper and hop your way home, bouncing on those vehicles stuck in yet another jam.

Each space hopper comes with an "I'm Not Hopping Mad, I'm Hopping Home" logo on the side and with lights on. They're safe, they're fun and they'll stop the growth in obesity.

Gosh. I'm preparing my case for Dragons' Den.

I'll tell you when I'm going to be on the tele.

PS. They're great to park too. Simply deflate and tuck in your jacket pocket.

I'm onto a winner, I just know I am.