Grid Lock in City Centre - Thursday 14th December.

At least we can all laugh about it though!

Hehe, no one's biting Fudgey :hihi:

To pass the time I wound my windows down, turned my stereo up, and set about trying to get a smile from the ladies stuck on the other side...

Got one smile, and about a hundred dark looks.....

Oh well, it was worth a try...:P

Pitsmoor to Ecclesall. Set off at 5:30. Got home at 7:40. According to google maps, the journey should take 12 mins...

I had to get off the tram at Castle Square as it was stuck there 'indefinitely'.

Walked all the way to Langsett before a tram appeared to take me the last two stops home... :(

Still at least being on the tram I had the option of getting out and walking.

I bet people thought the travelling circus had arrived! :hihi: :hihi: :cool:

Hehe, no one's biting Fudgey :hihi:

To pass the time I wound my windows down, turned my stereo up, and set about trying to get a smile from the ladies stuck on the other side...

Got one smile, and about a hundred dark looks.....

Oh well, it was worth a try...:P

I entertained myself in a similar manner but I had Christmas carols on the CD player, wacked them up to full voume, wound the window down a bit and sang along. The people in the car in front were bopping along and I got a few smiles. I feel a lot more Christmassy as a result of all those carols.

Actually I think they're talking about the last time this happened when a bus broke down - to be fair I think the traffic I've just seen will be lucky to get home by 8.30!!!

Opps oh yes you are right it was talking about the broken down bus last year that caused the same sort of problem :blush:

I entertained myself in a similar manner but I had Christmas carols on the CD player, wacked them up to full voume, wound the window down a bit and sang along. The people in the car in front were bopping along and I got a few smiles. I feel a lot more Christmassy as a result of all those carols.

Hmmmm, perhaps Alice Cooper was a bad choice...I'll load some carols on the Ipod tonite.....;)

It seemed to be an excuse for bad driving. As I was crossing Eyre Street at the crossing outside Plug, a bus and cars were parked right across the crossing. The highway code still applies even if the traffic is blocked. Keep the crossing clear! :rolleyes:

Opps oh yes you are right it was talking about the broken down bus last year that caused the same sort of problem :blush:

Last year? It was about 2 months ago by my recollection....or have I got drunk and slept through the festive season again??? :D :D

I bet people thought the travelling circus had arrived! :hihi: :hihi: :cool:

On your way! :D:P

Just got home after waiting in High Green from 6.20pm for a bus home. An 88 turned up at 7.30pm - waited for an hour and 20 mins in the cold High Green wind for the bus and I'm so cold and peeved!! Buses were going past saying 'not in service' and loads vanished up the road never to return. Just read about the div who left his car at West Bar - aaahhh!!

Just got home after waiting in High Green from 6.20pm for a bus home. An 88 turned up at 7.30pm - waited for an hour and 20 mins in the cold High Green wind for the bus and I'm so cold and peeved!! Buses were going past saying 'not in service' and loads vanished up the road never to return. Just read about the div who left his car at West Bar - aaahhh!!

Tell me about it i waited an hour and twenty minutes for a 20 at Hillsbro interchange - after an hour four 20's sailed past saying "not in service". Just about starting to thaw out now :rant:

I must have just missed this, but as the bus tried to leave the bus station, there was a right queue of traffic building on Sheaf St by the Interchange and as ever one idiot driver pulled across the junction so no buses could get out. The chav passenger decided to entertain us all by leaning his ugly scrawny head out of the window and threatening the bus driver. The driver's response can't be repeated (very un-PC) but it was damn funny, so thank you to the tw@ in that car for offering us some top entertainment. :thumbsup:

It's all clear now apparently, anyway.

If people would leave junctions and roundabout exits clear this wouldn't ever be so severe!