Grid Lock in City Centre - Thursday 14th December.

Should do what they do in London if you park on a red route - parking attendants turn up with one of those pick up trucks with a crane and lift the car onto the back of the lorry and take it away to the car pound!

I just read about this on sheffieldtoday and the report says that people didnt get home til 7.15pm- I read this at 6:20pm:suspect:

Actually I think they're talking about the last time this happened when a bus broke down - to be fair I think the traffic I've just seen will be lucky to get home by 8.30!!!

Well, you lot had it easy.

I set off on a last-minute dash with some CDs to a company near meadowhell.

Then I made my mistake - traffic looked a bit iffy down the firth park route back to Rutland Road so I figured it wasn't too late to dodge down the M1, onto Parkway and through that way (!)

meadowhall area: 4.15pm

the pool car back at work at 6:45pm

get home in my car, 7:30pm

You all think it was bad tonight, wait till the drivers see a flake of snow in the sky, then you'll know all about gridlock!

That's when I just take the enjoyable, scenic and peaceful long way home out to Ladybower and back via Owler Bar. White over and not a soul in sight - the best way to travel home!

Left work at 4pm (town) in the gym at 4.15pm (virgin just off abbeydale rd) set off home 5.35pm, arrive home 5.45pm (meadowhead).

Ah flexi time, wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Hmmm, the traffic light sequencing also leaves a lot to be desired

3 minutes for the round Park square round about sequences (which were at grid lock) and 30 seconds for those whose way was clear...

Isn't this CCTV technology helpful?

That seemed ridiculous, but though I sat there frustrated by that, to be honest, if they had changed the sequence, that would have just moved a bigger bulk of traffic towards West Bar in one go, possibly making the problem worse.

Yes - he had returned when i drove past him - sat on the back with the door open stroking his dog.

How thoughtful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1hr 20 minutes instead of 25 min

If you're the freelander driver - THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to get off the tram at Castle Square as it was stuck there 'indefinitely'.

Walked all the way to Langsett before a tram appeared to take me the last two stops home... :(

Still at least being on the tram I had the option of getting out and walking.

I spent 3 hours in the car from UGC- ranmoor.

I hate this city.

Having left Hillsborough at 6.10pm I've just got home to Gleadless, a journey of perhaps 7 miles ish.

To the idiot who left his car outside the courts, broken down and with the steering lock on - you sir, are a buffoon!

Took my hubby 2 hours to travel from Hillsborough to Aston, he's sooooooo happy :suspect: