Grid Lock in City Centre - Thursday 14th December.

I can’t believe how long it has just taken me to get home through the city centre! And all because of a broken down Land Rover...Unbelievable how this can grind our city to a halt!

Trams in the City Centre have been delayed indefinitely. :(

Oh my god I'm stranded at work...

Check out the grid lock on Sheffield...

http://www.thepcoffice.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9

It's just took me an hour to move from the bottom of The Moor to Rutland Road and I used back streets!!!

Good luck to people trying to get anywhere tonight...

Just taken me an hour and 20 to do what I normally do in 45 mins. God bless our town planners

Two separate incidents where cars have broken down ON roundabouts in the city centre, is certainly contributing to a lot of this.

Hard to see how that bit is the planner's fault, but a lot of the rest of it is :mad:

I just read about this on sheffieldtoday and the report says that people didnt get home til 7.15pm- I read this at 6:20pm:suspect:

I just read about this on sheffieldtoday and the report says that people didnt get home til 7.15pm- I read this at 6:20pm:suspect:

Typical Star reporting ^_^

Hmmm, the traffic light sequencing also leaves a lot to be desired

3 minutes for the round Park square round about sequences (which were at grid lock) and 30 seconds for those whose way was clear...

Isn't this CCTV technology helpful?

Does anybody know what it's like driving up Bramall lane at the moment. thanks.

Traffic looks a real bitch tonight when i left work at 6pm, but still its only taken me my usual 40 minutes to do my 10 miles commute home. Then again i do travel to work by mountain bike.

Nightmare! :rant:

Quick bus journey from Infirmary Road to Sharrow. Stuck at Shalesmoor for a hundred years. The driver tells me to get off and get the tram. Get off. Stand at tram stop for 10 to 15 minutes in the cold. Get on tram. Tram crawls down West Street. Stuck on West Street for a hundred years. Finally get off at Cathedral to get another bus. But no! Buses are gridlocked in the other direction too! Walk home from City Centre in a gale.

Walk home is the same distance as the walk from Shalesmoor would have been, but I'm loaded down with shopping and suffering exhaustion which is why I got the chuffing bus in the first place!

The tram driver told us that the driver of the car that broke down at West Bar got out, locked the doors and put the steering lock on too, and walked off! They couldn't shift the damned thing.