Sheffield Smelting Co royds mill lane

does anyone remember standing outside the sweet floor having a fag because we couldnt smoke inside

and them air stream helmets i remember joolz, dave d, fletchers and one or two more

i remember sitting upstairs for a full week because it was to cold to work

i remember the eric forklift driver he could never hold a cup of tea but a great laugh

Hi Darra,

Can't recall any of them, must have been after my time, one other that comes to mind is Brent Jones, do you remember him?

yes and Greg Beamont

Does anyone remember Rita Fisher and David Parkin who worked there when the world was in Black and White /.

Is there anyone still around who worked at both Royds Mill and Arundel Street? Can't remember what year they shut down 95 A Street, but it was because of redevelopment of the area now housing Hallm University.

Edited by Redfyre
correction

I worked at roydsmiĺl from 1970 to 1973 with janet, liz, dot, juliette, sue, barbara, alan, keith and irene amongst others. Anyone remember janet and her rod stewart impression and the ladies room incidents with Mr Gould?

I also remember sandras wedding.

My dad worked there as well in silver bullion. There was also the silver man. Cadmium poisoning i think.

Loads off happy memories.

Diane

I worked there between 1965 and 1970. Started as a trainee in the accounts dept., working for Maurice (Upton?). A Mr Ellerby (a real old fashioned gentleman) was Company Secretary. One of the best times of my life.

I remember him. I also remember Mr Waye cashier. My desk was in front of his office. I was the telex operator, with contact to the whole of Europe!

I was on security for 4 years under Ray Corby security manager and his assistant Roy Clark. It was around 1978-1982. On security at that time Frank Todd, Phil Attersley, Doug Morment, Gordon Freeman, Harry Smith, Jim Ryan, John Bowen, George Sharp, John Haywood and a few more I can't remember. The MD at this time was Mr Bernard Ward and his assistant Mr Frank Gilbert. There was also Jack and Steve, joiners above coinage. I also remember Carol and Mandy in post room. Anyone know where these people are now it would be great to hear.

I was on security for 4 years under Ray Corby security manager and his assistant Roy Clark. It was around 1978-1982. On security at that time Frank Todd, Phil Attersley, Doug Morment, Gordon Freeman, Harry Smith, Jim Ryan, John Bowen, George Sharp, John Haywood and a few more I can't remember. The MD at this time was Mr Bernard Ward and his assistant Mr Frank Gilbert. There was also Jack and Steve, joiners above coinage. I also remember Carol and Mandy in post room. Anyone know where these people are now it would be great to hear.

Remember some of those names don't know where any of them are though. Suspect some may no longer be with us sadly

I worked there from 1976 to 1978 in the finance dept. unfortunately left some good friends behind when I left to return to my home in Australia.

Does anyone remember Janet Day ? Lovely person.

Edited by Stephen Potts
Wrong year.

Any one recall Wilf Banks, Colin Otney and Brian Manterfield ?

On 12/11/2018 at 21:18, SteveHudson said:

Remember Mandy. When she came in the labs we'd all give her a rendition on Mandy by Barry Manilow