Cashback on Redemption - Mobile Phones - Any Experiences?

Hello,

I'm looking at going for a "12 month free contract", whereby you pay say £45 a month, and every 3 months you send your bills off and get a cheque for the previous bills total (not including extra calls).

The deal is for a Nokia 6680, with 600 anytime anynetwork minutes, and 400 texts on the '3' network.

Has anybody ever used one of these redemtion style contracts before?

The company is The Mobile Outlet UK.

Ta,

Adam

I am currently on one, about to send off my last claim (one stop phone shop in my case) and have had no problems at all...recieved the cheque for each claim within a week-10 days of posting it. You just have to keep on top of the dates you need to send stuff in as there is often a window for the claim, before or after which payment wont be made.

Hi Sorry to bring this old thread back to life! I am looking at a contract, £25quid a month, top of range phone, with cash back redemption meaning contract over 24 months is in fact £12.50. 400 mins talk, unlimited text, unlimited internet - sounds too good to be true!

Whats the catch? Is there one - or is it simply that they expect people to forget to make their cashback claims and therefore with a low claim rate they can afford to offer it?

Thanks

Matt

Which company is it with? I've had a few contracts like this through dialaphone and always got the cash back. You do have to remember to send your bill off to claim it though.

Which company is it with? I've had a few contracts like this through dialaphone and always got the cash back. You do have to remember to send your bill off to claim it though.

Hi, either phoneshop.co.uk or mobiles.co.uk. not tried dialaphone although my current contract with Orange is from dialaphone

I've done it quite a few times - just make sure you send your bills on time as most of them are very sticky and you only have so long to claim in. (Just took a new one from Carphone Warehouse = £20 a month for 24 months - total cash back £360, so £5 a month - 200 mins, 400 texts, unlimited internet but no phone.)

remember that often phones4u can match these offers, but with instant cashback up front (they pay it you in the shop the day you buy your contract). It's always worth speaking to them.

I had a deal like this and it worked out well with no problems. Like has been said if you send off your last bill in the allotted time they then send a cheque.

Big problems started when the deal was drawing to a close.

3 marketing contacted me directly and said i was to deal directly with them.

The next 12month contract was for what worked out to be about the same amount(circa 15pds a month) but as i was a good customer i did not have to send in my bill.

After 9months my bill came with 35pds line rental and fewer free txts and minuites, not what had been advised over the phone.

Of course i called 3 only to be told i had agreed to this 9month only deal and that i was tied into an 18month contract!!!

It took about A YEAR to sort out and i still didn't get a refund for my over charging, just 2months notice taken off the contract.

Horrible people to deal with and lying salesman to get the deal in a very competitive market... :rant:

Make sure you use a reputable company as I have heard of situations where the company goes bust/disapears so you never get your money back.