Has anyone eaten in The mango tree?

Not bad, but I sometimes get the idea that they are especially catering for office groups and booked parties rather than individual diners.

The food was OK, but nothing that got me going.

Kumquat Mae is a vegetarian restaurant on Abbeydale. Now I'm not a vegetarian, but the food in there is excellent (and you can bring your own wine).

I've also heard that Luna Rossa is a very good italian.

[edited for spelling]

Yes I have eaten there a few years ago.

Food was fine. Service was dismal to say the least! I don't know if it's still the same people who own it, so things may have changed now.

Anyway we had a works do there for Christmas.

We all got our meals, expect my boyfriend. When he enquired as to where his meal was he was told that another person in our party had been given it by mistake. Fair enough we thought.

The waitress then took the meal away from the other person and gave it to my boyfriend. The meal was half eaten!

When my boyfriend said he would like a fresh meal, he was met by "teeth kissing" and asked why he couldn't just eat that meal! As you can imagine he was furious.

A new meal was eventually brought out and he rest of the evening was fine.

We wouldn't ever go there again though. I've never know such rude waitresses and bad service.

Originally posted by "steelblade"

Yes I have eaten there a few years ago.

Food was fine. Service was dismal to say the least! I don't know if it's still the same people who own it, so things may have changed now.

Anyway we had a works do there for Christmas.

We all got our meals, expect my boyfriend. When he enquired as to where his meal was he was told that another person in our party had been given it by mistake. Fair enough we thought.

The waitress then took the meal away from the other person and gave it to my boyfriend. The meal was half eaten!

When my boyfriend said he would like a fresh meal, he was met by "teeth kissing" and asked why he couldn't just eat that meal! As you can imagine he was furious.

A new meal was eventually brought out and he rest of the evening was fine.

We wouldn't ever go there again though. I've never know such rude waitresses and bad service.

What was the Golden Dragon like?

I thought the Mango Tree was shut down as the owner has been mixed up in a load of shootings and bombings at the resturant and his home.

Not sure what its all about, but its sounds pretty dodgy to me.

Other places

Noodle Bar

Alliway - 5.95 buffet good value mediteranean food

I won't go there then! But I will try Kumquat Mae. Thanks.

what is the Italian that is right near Mango Tree, but just off London Road to the right as you head away from town. It's a grand looking place on the road to Sharrow.

Thanks for the recommendations

Archived