The absolutely huge 'moan about cyclists' megathread

Cyclists in Sheffield  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Cyclists in Sheffield

• Give em a break, give em some room
    • You don't pay road tax, get off the road

Suppose you hug a tree every morning then ?? Whatever happened to evolution ?? didn't the luddite's get a slapping for that same sort of ideology ~????

Most cyclists want putting down, although there are a fair few good'ns - same with car drivers though. And my main most hated for today...*drumroll* .... people who drive unnecessarily large vehicles and ( a regular) old people.

Suppose you hug a tree every morning then ?? Whatever happened to evolution ?? didn't the luddite's get a slapping for that same sort of ideology ~????

Never hugged a tree. Climbed a few though.

No idea what evolution or luddites has to do with your issue... If you're trying to say that the car is the future, good luck to you. I 'evolved' past driving on my commute and went for much faster, greener, fitter, cheaper, more enjoyable methods of commuting. Oh, and my 'evolved' self can be socialable and have a beer after work too and push their bike home.

I also pay road tax and have insurance.

I'v got a 2.6 twin turbo scooby wagon STI an i like going fast down country lanes and knocking the odd bun eater and stray cow down .... Just because i can afford a decent motor through bloody hard work !!! that may drink a bit more petrol than a sodding nissan micra doesn't put me in the firing line for two wheeled no horsepower pillocks that demand roadspace for their mountainbike that is saving the world... get stuffed,,, you are being ignored.. making NO DIFFERENCE !!! because of all you sodding cyclist WE the tax paying road user are held up by YOU the two wheeled loonies hogging our paid for space.. If you are in your car paying tax then .. fair enough.. but if you think your car tax transfers to your eco trans then get stuffed !!!! :loopy:

I'v got a 2.6 twin turbo scooby wagon STI an i like going fast down country lanes and knocking the odd bun eater and stray cow down .... Just because i can afford a decent motor through bloody hard work !!! that may drink a bit more petrol than a sodding nissan micra doesn't put me in the firing line for two wheeled no horsepower pillocks that demand roadspace for their mountainbike that is saving the world... get stuffed,,, you are being ignored.. making NO DIFFERENCE !!! because of all you sodding cyclist WE the tax paying road user are held up by YOU the two wheeled loonies hogging our paid for space.. If you are in your car paying tax then .. fair enough.. but if you think your car tax transfers to your eco trans then get stuffed !!!! :loopy:

Umm, it's been done to death but the roads are not paid for by vehicle excise duty, as your 'road tax' is actually known.

Get a grip, accept the fact that there are other people in the world as well as you and that is not going to change :rolleyes:

You sound like a well-balanced, courteous, thoughtful kind of person open to compromise in all you do. Well done.

I make a difference. Not perhaps to the environment, but to the tune of about 5 hours a week not spent sat in a car. I'd rather have that as recreation time. Who knows, perhaps with the time I save I could spend an extra five hours a week hurtling down country lanes in my high-powered car?

Ha ha so you got a crap car and an STI i would admit to the infection but certainly not the car:hihi::hihi:

So you want to get people off their bikes because they're "hogging our paid for space"? So you think they'll take up less space if they were in a car instead? You're big idea to ease the frustration of congestion is to get more people in cars? :suspect:

Did your ex-husband run off with a cyclist, perhaps because their lycra-clad body was so much more pert and fitter than yours? Never mind, the bitterness will heal with time.......

Maybe she wasn't being strictly honest with you. She had a bubble car in post #1717.

Perhaps they didn't feel safe with you skimming past 10mm from their elbows, so occupied the lane properly, as is their right, forcing you to wait for a gap in oncoming traffic to overtake, like you should anyway.

Damn right. The highway code says you should leave as much room when overtaking a bike as when overtaking a car - after all, the roads are generally crap, and cyclists get to see (and feel!) potholes and the like in a lot more detail than motorists. To this end, I always try to stay 1 - 1.5m away from the pavement when cycling on the road, to "discourage" any "breaches of the highway code" (i.e. to force drivers to overtake more appropriately). Don't like it? Get your council to put more cycle lanes in!

Hey, don't knock Nissan Micras - they're ace!