Lights in Sky Prior to Eclipse

Something for the UFO-ologists here. This is from a friend of mine who was lucky enough to go watch the eclipse. Any ideas??? No she wasn't taking anything!

Moon Maiden

Friday night my hubby and I drove to the coast so we could watch the eclipse rising from the sea as a pair of horns. We ended up at a tiny village on a headland, called Kettleness, just north of Whitby. Got there about 12.30am. Sat in the cab of the van for a while and while we were there, maybe at about 1am - 1.30am we saw what we thought was a lit up ship, except it was moving back and forth as if with the wind. It was two lights - lightbulb colour but obviously quite strong as it was some way away but very visible. Anyway it was joined by another light (further away by some amount at first then closer and closer) and the pair came toward the coast. and moved a long way south in the sky from their starting point. another set of lights (three, in a triangular formation like the corners of a set square) appeared over the brow of the headland a small way off to the south and joined the other two, one of which looked as though it went either to the ground or out of view behind the headland. The whole thing was still going on at about 2.30 when we eventually went to bed in the back of the van, but obviously no sign an hour later as we got up to prepare for dawn.

Anyone see anything similar? Or hear radio reports? Does anyone know what it might have been (mundane or otherwise?) Was anyone else in the area at the time?

What wouldn't I have done to have had a video camera right about then???

PS the sunrise was STUNNING, we had a great view, cloudless, and I'll happily put my pics on the photo area when I get them back :-)

Cheers

Kewl i will let her know. I am due to see her this afternoon.

We have ehard that there were weather balloons being released which may account for her sighting.

Unfortunately like it says she didn't get any pictures. Still waiting for information fro the local Astronomical society.

Moon Maiden

• 6 years later...

Archived