Sleep: Your thoughts please.

Sleep is for the weak!

I can't stand sleep, only do it because I have to (too scared I may miss something), and then I can only go when I'm totally exhausted. Plus I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead, so why waste my life doing it?

I used to not be too bothered, but now I love my snoozes.

I used to not be too bothered, but now I love my snoozes.

I'm envious of people who can sleep. My insomnia is getting out of control now, the last month or so I've been running on fumes....

I could sleep for the international team and that applied before I went on these sedative painkillers too. I've always been an 8 hours a night person, now I'm a 12-15 hours a night person.

I could sleep for the international team and that applied before I went on these sedative painkillers too. I've always been an 8 hours a night person, now I'm a 12-15 hours a night person.

Can you sort me out with some of those sedatives, I'll pay top whack?

Ahh, good old Mr Ketamin.

I get very irritable when I don't sleep. I can't function without at least 8/9 hours

I love my sleep but recently I've just seemingly gained the ability to catnap 5-6 times in a day and never have a big proprer sleep. I can do this for a week or so until my memory turns to mush. I don't aim to do it but if I'm doing something, it doesn mean I don't have to stop.

The thing I find the hardests is waking up quickly, I'm unable to lie, think and sometime move when I wake up and for 15 mins after at least. Thats why I love a lie in where you drift about not asleep but the comfiest you'll ever be.

Can you sort me out with some of those sedatives, I'll pay top whack?

Sorry- keeping them all for myself. I need their painkilling abilities.

And to you Mr Spruce- no, not ketamine at the moment. Carbamazapine, amitriptyline, methadone, sodium valproate do the job at the moment.

Poor things who can't sleep, it must be hell. I am the opposite and I can't seem to get enough. Over the holidays I haven't had less than ten hours per night, bliss. But back to work and less than six hours per night, thus mega grumpiness.

I read an article in the holidays that lack of good sleep could be linked to weight gain and diabeties. The research is still in early days though.

I used to get really bad insomnia for about 10 years but don't get troubled by it much anymore (I think I was 6 months away from setting up my own fight club!) so now I really appreciate sleeping. I'll happily sleep 8 hours straight through and if I'm not at the gym in my lunch break then I'll bang out some Z's for an hour in the tea room at work.

I start nights tomorrow and will sleep better than normal during the day for about 10 hours or so :thumbsup:

Oh.. I have been getting loads of sleep lately. My ex recently moved out of the home we shared and I have no-one to please so I just stay in bed when not working. I do go out too, but if I'm at home, I sleep sleep sleep. Been going to bed at 10 some nights and not getting up until 12 lunchtime!