Rutland Arms Closing? (Nope, it's reopened!)

I know it's re-opened, but are they doing food there yet?

I went in on Saturday before the game and I have to say the service was not brilliant and that was at about 2:30 when the place was nearly empty.

I know it's re-opened, but are they doing food there yet?

Not yet - they're in the midst of interviewing for chefs, so should be doing food again within the next few weeks.

Have they actually changed it inside yet? When I went a few weeks ago nothing much had happened other than most of Phil's old tat being removed.

Have they actually changed it inside yet? When I went a few weeks ago nothing much had happened other than most of Phil's old tat being removed.

Not a great deal of change so far. Phil's old tat went with Phil so the place was very bare for the first few days. Since then, a new carpet has been put in, and a few framed photos of bands that have played at Plug have been put up. So there's still a need for a bit of redecoration and upholstery. The beer garden was tidied up a few days ago so is ready for al fresco drinking again, but is a bit bare too, waiting for plants and whatnot to be put in.

Well if the weather keeps up I might go and investigate again this weekend. :)

How true that is Basil! I'm a regular in The Dog & Partridge and Fagans which always seem to do well, the beer is always spot on and atmosphere great! Drinkers need to wake up and start fighting to keep pubs like the Rutland open, as someone said earlier 'Use them, or lose them!!'

Fagans and the Dog & Partridge...best pubs for Guinness in town.

I suspect that Joe keeps an eye on “his” pub.

I was in there a few weeks back. Still same kind of vibe. Glad it's not closed.

Is it me or have they put new wallpaper up identical to the old wallpaper (only cleaner)

Is it me or have they put new wallpaper up identical to the old wallpaper (only cleaner)

I wondered that too, but i asked, and they haven't. They did give the old stuff a bit of a clean. And thinking about it, a lot of the old wallpaper would have been covered by Phil's pictures anyway so wouldn't have got too worn or torn.

Went into the Rutland on Sunday and it was fine. Had a decent pint of Hobgoblin and the place seemed to have been smartened up a bit. Was very quiet but then it was Sunday afternoon. Had a chat with Neil who was working behind the bar who I knew from when he worked in another pub. :thumbsup:

We sat outside for a short time, the beer garden has had a lot cleared out and looks promising.

I was quite drunk at the time.

Will be going back. :)

If we're going to keep resurrecting this thread can't the title be changed? I haven't been in yet since the reopening and would rather not see a title that suggests it may be closing again.