Rutland Arms Closing? (Nope, it's reopened!)

Just a quickie to let you know the Thursday Quiz (Thursday from 9pm) is back this week. Sorry about last week - DocFest prevented it but back to normal this week. Hope to see you all down here, trying to win some beer.

Just a quickie to let you know the Thursday Quiz (Thursday from 9pm) is back this week. Sorry about last week - DocFest prevented it but back to normal this week. Hope to see you all down here, trying to win some beer.

Anyone been to the quiz? Few of us from work thought we should go and check it out (well I am going for the ale really - have heard good things). Also what time do you need to get there to get a table?

Anyone been to the quiz? Few of us from work thought we should go and check it out (well I am going for the ale really - have heard good things). Also what time do you need to get there to get a table?

Reallly - no-one been? Is that good or bad? At least I should have a better chance of winning then.

It our X-mas party tonight from seven. Mulled wine and mince pies, cheesy Chrimbo music and we will turn the xmas lights on (don't get too excited, it reall is just a few round the tree and bar).

We are also doing a pub secret santa - so if you want to bring a small pressie to put under the tree please do, then take a different one home with you.

Hope to see some of you down there later

Andy

Just in case I come back from two days visiting family over Christmas to a new flurry of rumours regarding our status I thought I would post our Xmas/New Year opening times. Thanks to everyone who has been in since we re-opened in October and all the positive comments. Me, Paul, Joe, Eric and the rest really appreciate your comments and custom. If I don't see you in here have a great Christmas and New Year.

Opening Times:

Christmas Eve - 11:30am till 11pm (food 12 - 8 )

25th/26th SHUT (sorry)

27th 7pm - 11pm (no food)

28th/29th/30th 1130am - 11pm (food 12 - 8 )

New Years Eve 12-3/6-1am (food 12-3 - maybe some chip butties at midnight)

1st January 2010 (Happy New Year) 5 - 12 (no food)

2nd/3rd 12-11 (food 12 - 8 )

4th onward - normal opening hours resume

Andy

Edited by Rutland Arms
it put silly faces where i hyphenated my times

Every Monday from the 11th of January there will be an open mic acoustic night at the Rutland arms. Any style or genre is welcome, just turn up with your instrument and play, sing or whatever your into.

Also Wednesday night is now curry night and don't forget the quiz on Thursdays!

See you there!

The Rutland Arms - in Conjunction with Walkley Feral Writers - is compliling stories about the Rutland Arms.

With a long, sometimes chequered, history and a wealth of stories strtching back throughout that time we are collecting peoples interestiing memories and stories.

As part of this years Off The Shelf Literary Festival we hope to put a book together wth some of the most interesting stories and present them on October 22nd at... The Rutland Arms.

If you have any stories, memories etc or know someone who does please drop them in the box at the pub or email rutlandarms.stories@googlemail.com

Deadline for entries is 21st September.