Rutland Arms Closing? (Nope, it's reopened!)

Going well, cheers to everyone who has been in and the positive comments. Food due Oct 14th from 12-8. Enjoying the real ales and a few new ones arrived today.

If only you could reinstate the old menu from around 2005-6. That chicken in stilton and mushroom sauce was divine!

Is the great beer garden being reinstated? It was being used as a car park last time I walked past.PS I also loove the murals outside, please keep 'em!

If only you could reinstate the old menu from around 2005-6. That chicken in stilton and mushroom sauce was divine!

Incidentally I discovered Ian the rude Scotsman who worked in the Rutland around that era propping up the bar in the Scholar t'other week...

Is the great beer garden being reinstated? It was being used as a car park last time I walked past.PS I also loove the murals outside, please keep 'em!

Beer garden will be reinstated. Taken over 20 sacks or rubbish, trimmings etc out so far. Won't be getting new tables till next summer when we replant and spend some more time on it. For now there are still 3 or 4 tables which are well used even in this weather.

With respect to cars mine is there at the moment as I am still doing loads of running around while setting up pub and several workmen are using it intermittently as we do bits up. No intention of taking customer space with my car or other peoples going forward though. Maybe a few more weeks though.

In respect to the other thread and MJ being in the pub - I have not seen him. If he is indeed alive and living in Sheffield he could do a lot worse than come here for a pint. Lots of his tracks on the juke box keep getting played though eeerily!

Good luck in the new venture, it's nice to see a real ale pub re-opening, I'll be down as soon as I can :)

I'll be down with some friends on Friday... hope there is some tasty ale on :)

Beer garden will be reinstated. Taken over 20 sacks or rubbish, trimmings etc out so far. Won't be getting new tables till next summer when we replant and spend some more time on it. For now there are still 3 or 4 tables which are well used even in this weather.

With respect to cars mine is there at the moment as I am still doing loads of running around while setting up pub and several workmen are using it intermittently as we do bits up. No intention of taking customer space with my car or other peoples going forward though. Maybe a few more weeks though.

In respect to the other thread and MJ being in the pub - I have not seen him. If he is indeed alive and living in Sheffield he could do a lot worse than come here for a pint. Lots of his tracks on the juke box keep getting played though eeerily!

Well me and my mrs will be in on Friday all being well. Good luck anyway and thank you for bringing one of my favourite pubs back to life. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looks like Friday is going to be pretty full then !! Looking forward to seeing all the folks - shall we all wear red carnations !!

By the way I liked Ian the rude scotsman a pubs not a real pub without characters!!

anyone tried the food yet?

Yes, food is very nice, batter on the fish is lovely and the burger is the best I have tried in a long time!

Have just left after a first rate business lunch with ( sadly) soft drinks - great food - bill for me and the client £13! Nice One!