Ipswich Murders - 5 girls dead and now 2 people arrested

I think it's more a case of work is work. Do you not go to an office job if someone went berserk and shot 5 people?

i'd defienately stay at home, if there was a man coming in to the office every day, shooting someone each day!! maybe its just me but i'd quit!

Probably because it's not coincidence that it's 5 women this person has killed. Jack the Ripper stalked women, as did Peter Sutcliffe. These people obviously have an issue with women, not men. Simple as that.

What I was getting at was that, instead of telling us WE should curtail our activities and stay indoors etc etc. If men were told to stay at home, the crazed killer would hopefully be easily spotted.

I'm being ironic of course, as this will never happen.

But what if your bioss was a violent drug user... who you knew would beat you if you didn't go out to work to bring him his drug money, or if you have a drug addiction and you know your dealer will be sending people round to get money you owe him, and you'll be in trouble if you didn't.

Although it is a job for these girls - they arenm't likely to be doing it by choice, if they could get and hold down an office job, do you really think thet'd be choosing to work the streets? If you are in that position you clearly have no choice, which really means that most have no choice but to carry on working.

But what if your bioss was a violent drug user... who you knew would beat you if you didn't go out to work to bring him his drug money, or if you have a drug addiction and you know your dealer will be sending people round to get money you owe him, and you'll be in trouble if you didn't.

Although it is a job for these girls - they arenm't likely to be doing it by choice, if they could get and hold down an office job, do you really think thet'd be choosing to work the streets? If you are in that position you clearly have no choice, which really means that most have no choice but to carry on working.

Sounds like a strange office. You kinda went full circle with that comment....:confused:

i know wot you mean, thats the point i was making myself!

i know wot you mean, thats the point i was making myself!

True, I know what you mean, not quite the same in an office granted!!

Sounds like a strange office. You kinda went full circle with that comment....:confused:

Hmmm... or maybe I wasn't talking about a nice office job...

You equated the prostitutes still going to work, with the pressure any working person feels to keep going into work.

Emm said she wouldn't if there were that kind of risk... however for girls who take the route of prostitution, it is much less likely that they have a choice in going to 'work' which is why they are still going out. There aren't stupid, just desparate.

It's jack the ripper all over again.

It's sad and at such a bad time of year those poor familys.

Charlie

The last woman to be killed was actually interviewed and said that she couldn't stop working because she needs the money. Its so sad

was that the girl that was interviewed anonymously, then ended up killed?

there was another girl on tv last nite in an anonymous interview. fair enough, we don't know her but anyone who drove around there would be able to tell which one she was!! and the last time she saw this girl she was getting into a blue bmw?

I sincerely hope so, but unfortunately people seem to think forensic evidence is capable of far more than it actually is. Millie Dowler? The other murders in the South all with a similar MO over the past few years, for which no-one has been charged

Its a bit sensationalist to start linking the current Mr X with other 'similar' murders in the whole of the south of England over the last few years.

Unless your name is Chief Wiggum. Or you work for The Sun.

:)

I think it's more a case of work is work. Do you not go to an office job if someone went berserk and shot 5 people?

Ipswich is only a small place so when you take 5 prostitutes off the streets you get a supply and demand problem. I heard prices are double bubble at the moment so it's little wonder those left are going out to work still.