Ipswich Murders - 5 girls dead and now 2 people arrested

I think there is a difference between the girls who work on the street and those who work in sauna/massage parlours. The ones on the streets would more likely be those who do it out of desperation for money to feed a drug habit and may well be controlled by a pimp, they are in a pretty dodgy and dangerous job. In parlours they are often people such as students and people who get money for their families or studies.

Whatever they are they don't deserve to be murdered.

well the girls interviewed were street girls and only worked at nights, and they weren't junkies or controlled by pimps.

well the girls interviewed were street girls and only worked at nights, and they weren't junkies or controlled by pimps.

If you can deduce that from watching a news report, then might I suggest you take up a role in the CID very quickly, Sherlock?

If you can deduce that from watching a news report, then might I suggest you take up a role in the CID very quickly, Sherlock?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

To the poster to said 'thank God he's not in Sheffield'. Please remember that people have cars.

I was around the time that Peter Sutcliffe was. It was a really scarey time but I was younger then and had the opinion that he's not going to pick on me. Have to add, am not and never been a prostitute. He started with street ladies then moved on to others. Everybody, which ever town you are in, do not move around alone.

I was only a kid when Sutcliffe was prolific but the lady who ended up being my Sixth form English teacher, was Jacqueline Hill's best friend. She was with her the night she was murdered at the Arndale centre in Leeds.:(

Jacqueline had been for a night out in Leeds, but got off the bus a stop earlier than her own, simply to get some supper from KFC in Headingley. She told the rest of her friends to carry on to the next stop where the student digs were and she'd catch them up... the rest you know as much as we can. (That Arndale always gave me the creeps when i lived there.) She was just a normal student type.

My nan also lives near what used to be Atlas Copco in Aston, a big trucking department. She still maintains to this day she met Sutcliffe. She was walking down to the bus stop (middle of the day) down the gennel and a man with dark hair and a beard met her coming in the opposite direction. As she didn't recognise him (old community who everyone knows) My nan smiled and said hello and carried on. However when she got near to the bottom, she turned round as she felt weird. The man was just stood at the top of the gennel, looked left and right and looking directly at her. He then came back down and luckily my nan was then on the main street. He then passed her and jogged across to the trucking place. He really put her at unease and she reported this "strange" man to the police.

He was caught in Sheffield a few weeks later...

What I am saying is, Sutcliffe wasn't picky once he could get his killings and got more confident... who is to say this man won't be? NOONE deserves to be killed but none of us should be complacent about our safety.

I think we should all think ourselves very luck people, This guy is in Ipswich not Sheffield.

My heart goes out to the family's of all the woman involved and i hope i can speak for the forum our thoughts are with them.

Good luck to the police in catching him, before he kills again.

It is lucky in a way it in not in sheffield. This evil event has bring it all back for me to the 5th november 2001 when a family member of mine who yes she was a prostitute and on drugs was murderd. But i think some people forget these woman are someone family and some people like to attack them for working the streets and been on drugs, but they dont deserve to die like they have. And the ones that are on drugs and and work the streets do put their lives at risk for that extra hit and money to live have never hurt noone els to get the money like many other drug users do, no one understands till you talk to woman that work the streets how and why they put their lives at such risk even after what happen that night, has i never could understand it till i talk to some of my late family member freinds, but it still shock me to what i was hearing.

My heart and love goes out to all the familys that have lost a family member by this evil person, and soon has he is caught the better for everyone.

my posts. all i said was that a lot of girls go on the game to feed drug habits & it is putting them in danger ,there is a maniac on the loose ,im not sitting in judgement i dont want to see no one get killed i mentioned drugs because one of the victims father said she was addicted to crack cocain & thats why she turned to prostitution to feed her habit

Good post pK0. I wonder how many girls wouldn't need to sell themselves if they could get whatever they're addicted to on prescripion?

I think it would be a pretty safe bet to say that the significant majority of street girls are addicted to class A drugs.

Good post pK0. I wonder how many girls wouldn't need to sell themselves if they could get whatever they're addicted to on prescripion?

I think it would be a pretty safe bet to say that the significant majority of street girls are addicted to class A drugs.

More like nearly 100%, fishy. I'd rather not comment on the prescription thing as there's a thread about that knocking about somewhere.

I've just been around a few pubs in Neepsend / Kelham Island.

There was an uneasy feeling tonight as the same thing could quite easily happen down there.

I've just been around a few pubs in Neepsend / Kelham Island.

There was an uneasy feeling tonight as the same thing could quite easily happen down there.

Or any other of the five million cities on earth.

Precisely.

Exactly. Lets hope we've seen the end of it.