Ipswich Murders - 5 girls dead and now 2 people arrested

Ipswich is only a small place so when you take 5 prostitutes off the streets you get a supply and demand problem. I heard prices are double bubble at the moment so it's little wonder those left are going out to work still.

I suppose that's the sad reality of it.

Anybody notice the contrast between the coverage shown last night on the BBC and that on ITV?

The BBC handled the matter with compassion and sensitivity while the ITV in true tabloid style sensationalised the whole matter. They showed a reporter at the scene of crime before even all the police had arrived. The member of the public who had found the body was still by the side of the road. Was it he who had contacted the ITV I wonder? The reporter went on to describe the 'naked flesh' on display. How GROSS.

I noticed on Radio 4 this morning that the PC brigade have jumped on the band wagon in the shape of a silly woman who objects to the victims being decribed as prostitutes. She wants to re label them "workers in the sex industry", not once did she show any sympathy for the murdered women.

On a different theme apparently Suffolk is one of the safest counties in the country to live in, accomponied by Norfolk and Lincolnshire. So by definition the police forces of these three counties will not be very experienced in serial murder enquiries, and which other counties police are assisting the Suffolk force? yes it's Norfolk and Lincolnshire.

Is it not time for a central murder squad where expert officers hit the ground running in cases such as this?

Its a bit sensationalist to start linking the current Mr X with other 'similar' murders in the whole of the south of England over the last few years.

Unless your name is Chief Wiggum. Or you work for The Sun.

:)

Absolutely not that isn't what I was getting at!. You made a point that modern technology would catch this guy and prevent him reaching Sutcliffe's record. I was providing an example of currently unsolved cases to show that this doesn't necessarily work.

Absolutely not that isn't what I was getting at!. You made a point that modern technology would catch this guy and prevent him reaching Sutcliffe's record. I was providing an example of currently unsolved cases to show that this doesn't necessarily work.

Apoligies if I mis read you post.

I take you point, though with random one off murders, it would (in theory) be easier to conceal you identity as a murderer than if you carried out repeated attacks.

I noticed on Radio 4 this morning that the PC brigade have jumped on the band wagon in the shape of a silly woman who objects to the victims being decribed as prostitutes. She wants to re label them "workers in the sex industry", not once did she show any sympathy for the murdered women.

I heard that too, apparently to call a prostitute a "prostitute" is misogynistic, silly woman indeed.

Why is it, if the killer has a grudge against prositutes, he doesn't track the men who go to them down and kill them, they are the "demand" rather than the "supply" - i would guess most of these men are frigid (same as those who buy the magazines ) they should see the doctor instead

Why is it, if the killer has a grudge against prositutes, he doesn't track the men who go to them down and kill them, they are the "demand" rather than the "supply" - i would guess most of these men are frigid (same as those who buy the magazines ) they should see the doctor instead

Unfortunately that logic probably doesn't enter his reasoning.

It is more likely that he has had a bad experience with women, been let down, abandonded something like that. This manifests itself in anti female behaviours, and other aspects of his past is likely to have pushed him towards prostitutes rather than other women. For some killers it will be the appearance, for some the occupation... Of course, thats all psychological theory, and there is the possibility that he has some 'quest' to cleanse the world.

Definately a possibility... given it by a Prostitute and it had very big repercussions in his life... that could do it!