Ipswich Murders - 5 girls dead and now 2 people arrested

he could be a lorry driver passing through - if he planned the attacks he wouldn't have given much information about himself, or if he did false information.

he could be a lorry driver passing through - if he planned the attacks he wouldn't have given much information about himself, or if he did false information.

Unlikely. There were cases of several murders along a particular motorway a while back and eventually the motorway was established as a link and they found he was a lorry driver running between from Birmingham to Edinburgh.

These murders so far have their centre around Ipswich and it's likely the killer lives or works there, at least knows the area very well. They don't centre around a particular route so it's very unlikely it's someone who just passes through and lives a significant distance away.

Lets hope the police are not looking for somebody 'with a Geordie accent' ... or it's going to be a long search.

sky news is a big culprit of this kind of broadcasting they get right in your face

Too true. I'm deliberately boycotting the channel while this whole affair goes on because I don't want to see 28 minutes of every 30 of news (the other 30 mins are adverts) with interactive maps, chopper cams and lashings of speculation and interviews with nobodys who can offer nothing new.

We should pray for these poor girls and hope the maniac responsible is caught before he can strike again .

This shows the inhumanity of the drug dealers.

These young girls, knowning that a maniac is on the loose, have to turn out each night to pay for their drugs.

The maniac doing the murders should be strung up, and so should the pimps and drug dealers leading these girls into this way of life.

These young girls, knowning that a maniac is on the loose, have to turn out each night to pay for their drugs.

The maniac doing the murders should be strung up, and so should the pimps and drug dealers leading these girls into this way of life.

What we ought to do is allow the girls to get their drugs on prescription, thus removing them from the need to fund their habits through selling themselves.

1 of the 4 girls hasn't been mentioned as a drug user though has she? i know the other 4 have, think its Tania. Not ALL prostitutes do it for drugs.

1 of the 4 girls hasn't been mentioned as a drug user though has she? i know the other 4 have, think its Tania. Not ALL prostitutes do it for drugs.

The estimate is that 95% are 'problematic drug users', who walk the streets. I'd say that's a conservative estimate.

I've read all the posts, but quoting so many things now is impossible.

The posters that have suggested anything in the form of 'they still go out and do it, even though a madman is on the loose', should maybe realise, that this is how desperate people are for feeding a habit.

And in any case, drug users or not, no one deserves to be murdered 'because they do something, that a few people disapprove of'.

maybe they are better off now.

Although I'm the first to admit, I sometimes post silly things, this post and all the following posts by you, sicken me.

The last woman to be killed was actually interviewed and said that she couldn't stop working because she needs the money. Its so sad

I didn't know this until I read it in here. The link that someone posted, is extremely sad.

I would guess that most street girls don't do it just for money, but do it for drug money or pimp money.

What we ought to do is allow the girls to get their drugs on prescription, thus removing them from the need to fund their habits through selling themselves.

The other thread on this subject, just adds to this argument, that some of these girls could be helped. I agree.

Whatever anyones point of view is, and if I've stepped out of line, I feel for the families, losing a child must be bad enough, but knowing they've given their bodies away through desperation AND lost their lives must be unthinkably painful.

ash

Just want to endorse what ash ^^^ said in his post, particularly the last paragraph. Its all a very sad situation.

well done to Lharman, for pointing out that these women, no matter what their "profession", are DAUGHTERS, SISTERS, MOTHERS, WIVES,GIRLFRIENDS.

There are their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children... mourning for these girls. They still did not deserve that fate.

I'd like to share the story of a freind of mine, a girl I was at school with. I won't name her, but I will outline what she went through,

She was 16, an innocent, never had a boyfriend. She met a man, and they started going out. This man was the height of "respectablity". (or so it seemed)and he acted the perfect gentleman toward her.

The relationship developed, and after some time of "courting", the time came, that they took the relationship a step further, and she agreed to sleep with him.

they slept together, it was her first time.

When this man had finished having sex with her, he got up off her, threw her clothes at her and said "Right, you get out on that ***** street, NOW, and earn me some money!"

She was forced out on the street night after night, and if she did not bring back at least (insert sum of money, here) the man would knock her senseless.

Eventually, she managed to escape this man, and the life she was in.

She got a respectable boyfriend, and a nice home.

This man tracked her down to her new home, and smashed his way in.

He completely trashed the place, and stabbed my friend's new bloke, screaming

"You have lost me a lot of money".

It was a horrific scene. All I could see was her stuff being smashed about, and then the police cars, screeching to a halt outside the house. the BF's blood was all over. We thought the BF had "had it", but, thank god, he survived.