A timely reminder about your Christmas cards, please

folks,

if you are posting off your christmas cards, to friends and relatives, can I ask you to take a couple of seconds extra to put your return address on the card/ envelope, PLEASE

For the last few years, I have been receiving cards for the elderly couple who used to live here, from their friends and relatives.

However, it's really sad, that these people are steadfastly sending cards every year, but the senders have not put a return address on their cards, so I cannot send the cards back, or let them know that the lady and gentleman concerned have not lived here for four years, and, sadly, actually passed away nearly three years ago.

I'm sure that these people will be heartbroken to know of the passing away of their rellies/ friends, but there's no way to let them know that they are no longer with us.

At least if there's a return address, the new occupiers of a house can let you know your friends have moved away etc.

Good point PT....that happened to me a couple of years ago. I started making my own cards and automatically printed the return address on the envelopes where I never had bothered before.

I sent one to my cousin as usual but it was returned by the post office as not at this address.

Then discovered that they had moved four years previously. Four years where I had sent them a card and them thinking I hadn't bothered.:thumbsup:

I should be safe, I only send e-cards.. I know I'm lazy :help:

Good suggestion PT :)

*heads off with the pen to do some additions*

This is good advice. I moved into a new house two months ago and we've received two cards for past owners and some mail for them. The owners before me didn't know the forwarding address of these people and so I now have two Christmas cards that I'll be forced to throw in the bin.

:(

don't know anyone far away enough to have to post their cards but i did have a few last year for the lady who lived here before, shes dead now, and they don't know. thats sad :(