Should Ian Huntley receive legal aid?

Should Ian Huntley receive legal aid?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ian Huntley receive legal aid?

• yes
    • no

yes if its aiding him been hung drawn and quartered

How about victims of child abuse who go on to abuse others? You can't have one rule for one and another for others. Legal Aid is there to ensure all get an equal opportunity to defend themselves, the original scale of the crime is therefore irrelvent.

If the villain doesn't get legal assistance he may end up being convicted of a crime he didn't commit using cicumstantial evidence and the real perpetrator would get away with it. Any new case whether it be criminal or civil has to start with a clean sheet and previous history is irrelevant at that stage.

I have to wonder what the motives of the woman in this Huntley case really are though, is she getting at the police or Huntley or is she just trying to get some cash from it (sorry to be a cynic).

Ok I have bothered to read it now, So if Ian huntley is found not guilty. The woman who is filing the case against him will have to pay all costs etc etc. However if Ian Huntley is found guilty and sentenced then his sentence will run concurrently with the other 2 foul offences the scumbag did earlier on. This will then probably allow the woman to sue the police or some other body for not dealing with her case properly in the first place. The knock on effect is that if the police would have dealt with it then the two inncents he murdered would not have been killed by him as he would have been already behind bars. Even though we do have a "fair" justice system and all that. How can anyone possibly say that this man has any right to be treated fairly. He has stepped out of society to feed his perverted need to destroy two very young innocent girls! were they treated fairly? I think not. therefore when an animal like a dog goes on the rampage biting and attacking people it loses all rights to live and is put down. This creature has no thought and does not know right from wrong. Ian Huntley did! and has no more rights than a rabid dog to live and be protected by our society that is made up of law abiding citizens. sorry everyone I feel very strongly about this:rant:

Ok I have bothered to read it now, So if Ian huntley is found not guilty.... if Ian Huntley is found guilty ...

It's a civil case. There will not be a criminal trial.

Wrong. Your opinion has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with vengeance.

It's not vengeance. He was convicted and recieved a suitable sentence.

And my opinion was that he (if papers are to believed) was miserable, and that suits me, sir.

It's not vengeance. He was convicted and recieved a suitable sentence.

The life sentence is to prevent him being a danger to others. Anyone who is pleased because another human being is in misery, is exacting vengeance, not justice.

The life sentence is to prevent him being a danger to others. Anyone who is pleased because another human being is in misery, is exacting vengeance, not justice.

er no so it that case it was justice to see Bulgers killers let loose again?

The sentence is to punish also. I would like to see him hung by the balls everyday for the rest of his worthless life, vengeance? You bet. :thumbsup:

Why do people have this morbid obsession with Huntley?