Should Ian Huntley receive legal aid?

Should Ian Huntley receive legal aid?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ian Huntley receive legal aid?

• yes
    • no

Even in gods eyes "thou shalt not kill"

And you're going to use that as an argument to kill him? How, exactly?

What distinguishes us from savages and beasts - at least, what we like to think distinguishes us from savages and beasts - is that we have certain moral standards. If we're going to abandon those standards when we deal with a savage beast like Huntley, then we have no right to the distinction. We'd be no better than he is, we'd just be more carefully picking our targets to retain public support.

What distinguishes us from savages and beasts - at least, what we like to think distinguishes us from savages and beasts - is that we have certain moral standards. If we're going to abandon those standards when we deal with a savage beast like Huntley, then we have no right to the distinction. We'd be no better than he is, we'd just be more carefully picking our targets to retain public support.

Well put heyesey, but I have come to the conclusion that we will never talk round the "hang em" brigade on morals, but notice that they never say "We accept it would be OK to execute the odd innocent"? They always duck the issue of executing the wrong person

What would be an acceptable mis-execute rate?

1%.......2%.... 5%???

If Huntley is sitting in his luxury cell reading this on his top of the range state of the art PC he must be laughing his socks off at some of these posts saying he deserves mercy.

Bet you can't show me a post that says he deserves mercy can you ?

Bet you can't show me a post that says he deserves mercy can you ?
Wrong terminology perhaps but I don't think he deserves our consideration in any shape or form whatsoever and if someone feels he should be hanged or whatever so be it, sod him. There is no indication of a wrongful conviction and any mistakes here.

Simple answer - Should he **** !!!!! :rolleyes:

Read Zamo's post - no 67, have a think and then see if you still come up with the same answer.

Read Zamo's post - no 67, have a think and then see if you still come up with the same answer.

Yeh but surely he has money .....Your not tellin me he does not have a bank account or any money at ALL ....He should pay for it hiself one way or another.

Make him work in the prison to pay for his court/solicitors fee's :rant:

The legal aid he should be given is a length of rope and a trap door.

What purpose is served in prolonging his, and our, agony?

I agree let him hang now .

I agree let him hang now .

i didnt think he should get legal aid as what he has done makes it that he deserves NOTHING at all, but after i said that to my g/f she asked a question to me..she said "if this lady sue's him and wins and gets awarded a huge amount of money, and huntley has none where will the money come from?"..i replied"from some fund paid for by us tax payers no doubt"....so in that case is the legal aid to protect huntley or to protect us the tax payers....what if this woman is maybe not telling the truth, without huntley having representation she would win and we taxpayers would pay her a fortune...if huntley was to win he would hardley be in a position to sue i doubt....does this make sense ????:huh:

i didnt think he should get legal aid as what he has done makes it that he deserves NOTHING at all, but after i said that to my g/f she asked a question to me..she said "if this lady sue's him and wins and gets awarded a huge amount of money, and huntley has none where will the money come from?"..i replied"from some fund paid for by us tax payers no doubt"....so in that case is the legal aid to protect huntley or to protect us the tax payers....what if this woman is maybe not telling the truth, without huntley having representation she would win and we taxpayers would pay her a fortune...if huntley was to win he would hardley be in a position to sue i doubt....does this make sense ????:huh:

After a fashion, yes.

She won't get any compensation from the taxpayers if she wins. The only compensation she would get from taxpayers would have been from criminal injuries board if he had been convicted in criminal court of assaulting her and this isn't the case. I think this woman may have a different agenda and will go to the papers if she wins this case.