Freeview signal in crosspool area

i live in the crosspool area and have suddenly lost my freeview signal with the exception of the parliament channel - great! it went yesterday. I'm assuming that the wind is to blame for maybe moving my aerial or damaging part of the transmitter but there could be a more simple explanation. anyone else experiencing issues?

My satalite went of friday, phoned sky after and hour i hung up and called sat morning and got through straight away. They are sending an engineer out monday going to cost £65. Hope its not just the wind blowing the dish out of line. Phoned a couple out of yellow pages and they said phone sky, even though it said on advert satalite and areials !

i live in the crosspool area and have suddenly lost my freeview signal with the exception of the parliament channel - great! it went yesterday. I'm assuming that the wind is to blame for maybe moving my aerial or damaging part of the transmitter but there could be a more simple explanation. anyone else experiencing issues?

Where abouts in Crosspool do you live? As Crosspool is on a hill, TV signals vary widely throughout the area.

Where abouts in Crosspool do you live? As Crosspool is on a hill, TV signals vary widely throughout the area.

i live just off manchester rad near the school.

My satalite went of friday, phoned sky after and hour i hung up and called sat morning and got through straight away. They are sending an engineer out monday going to cost £65. Hope its not just the wind blowing the dish out of line. Phoned a couple out of yellow pages and they said phone sky, even though it said on advert satalite and areials !

Just tell Sky that if it is going to cost you £65 then you would rather cancel your contract, they will then send an engineer out free of charge.

I did the same and not only did they send out an engineer they also replaced my Sky box and LNB with brand new at no charge.

i live just off manchester rad near the school.

Then it should only be a temporary problem. Your on the highest part of the area, and bad weather is probably the cause. Try re-tuning your freeview box. I live much further down manchester road (toward rivelin) and cannot get a good digital reception through my aerial at all.

You're all lucky. I can't even get Channel 5, never mind Freeview. :(

it is terrible up there, we live up there and even though we have bought a really really good signal booster as soon as the wind picks up we can't get any BBC channels.

You're all lucky. I can't even get Channel 5, never mind Freeview. :(

Absolutely! I'm the same ....... tried a digibox once, and we got BBC1, 2, 3, CBeebies, and News 24. That was it.

Hi, we're not far from you and our freeview started going all blurry yesterday afternoon but the sky digital is fine!!!!!

We keep trying to reset the box in the hope it will clear....hoping it's just down to the weather!!!

Hi, we're not far from you and our freeview started going all blurry yesterday afternoon but the sky digital is fine!!!!!

We keep trying to reset the box in the hope it will clear....hoping it's just down to the weather!!!

thanks. so it seems i'm not the only one. i saw a thread about a meteor shower that is best seen from SW Sheffield so wonder if it could be linked...?

i tried rescanning and now i've lost half of the channels including all ITVs. i felt i didn't have anything to lose as i'd just about lost all channels anyway. nevermind.

let me know if yours starts working again.

cheers,

dan

All the digital channels are working on reduced power until 2011 or whenever it is that they switch of the analogue round here, so they don't interfere with the analogue signal that the majority of people are using.

When they turn off the analogue they will then turn up the power on the digital multiplexes and you will probably be able to receive everything digital on an old coathanger without any problems! :thumbsup: