Pinochet Dead at last

Are you a relative? :suspect: Or is your name really Margaret Hilda? :suspect:

StarSparkle

As I seem to say a lot these days - please keep things civil on these threads - no need to get personal with this or other users. I appreciate things get heated, but let's keep it cool.

AND...StarSparkle, F. Sidebotom, Annoni Mouse, Deepcarowl....and others! :)

This thread is about Pinochet. Not about the Falklands. Not about Antarctic mineral rights.

I've asked this to stay on topic before, and suggest if you wnat a thread on this topic you start a new one.

Anything else OT on here will be removed. And if people persist on posting OT posts on this thread, or can't be civil, Forum Holidays will be issued.

This thread is about Pinochet. Not about the Falklands. Not about Antarctic mineral rights.

I can't see how you can discuss Pinochet and not the Falklands. In many ways, the Falklands War changed Britain forever because it allowed the Thatcherites to stay in power for many years rather than the power alternating between left wing, inept, Labour and middle of the road Tories. The only relevance that Pinochet had to any of us is that he is alledged to have helped in that war.

KenH....

There is a 'Start New Thread' button somewhere on this page.

Please use it.

Some people DO manage to discuss Pinochet without getting in to the usual righst and wrongs of Margaret Thatcher. So, let's see if all of us can do it.

If you want to start a thread 'Thatcher and the Falklands War' then do so.

Some people DO manage to discuss Pinochet without getting in to the usual righst and wrongs of Margaret Thatcher. So, let's see if all of us can do it.

It is a bit boring if any mention of Thatcher decends into how good/bad she was, although we all know why. My point is that it is irrelevant what you think of Thatcher, the fact is that her re-election because of the Falklands factor changed Britain forever and this is the only relevance that Pinochet has to 99% of the people in Sheffield. The world is full of dictators who should be gaoled but we don't even know the names of some of them. We know about Pinochet mostly because he is alleged to have helped us in our hour of need. I doubt that there was any real help but can't be certain.

KenH, as I said, you want to discuss it, use teh Start New Thread button.

That's all I'm going to say on the issue.