Pinochet Dead at last

[mod note] can we stick to Pinochet not turn it into another Thatcher hate thread - thankyou :)

it is difficult to differentiate between the two though isnt it ?

They are tarred with same brush.

in some ways, i admire her (mrs t's) loyalty. on the other hand... how can she ignore 3000 people dead?

raises an important question. just because someone is close family or a friend, would you turn a blind eye to whatever they did? tricky one.

for me, the answer has got to be no.

in some ways, i admire her (mrs t's) loyalty. on the other hand... how can she ignore 3000 people dead?

raises an important question. just because someone is close family or a friend, would you turn a blind eye to whatever they did? tricky one.

for me, the answer has got to be no.

maybe somebody nicking someat

but mass murder and toture? not really no

lol

So, Rich......all round, he was a good chap we should be proud to know? :suspect:

How on earth did you come to that conclusion from Rich's post....mesmerising indeed.

Oh dear how sad - I think this calls for an extra glass of wine or two.

R.I.P. Augusto Pinochet

R.I.P. Augusto Pinochet

Good to have the BNP viewpoint supporting dictatorships..............again.

..... but no surprises there!

Lady Thatcher has tonight expressed her sympathy upon hearing the news of Pinochet's death. She didn't express a single word of sympathy for the many victims of his brutal regime, which included the torturie of a British woman.

..... but no surprises there either!

*monotone*

oh.

dear.

I'm.

Heartbroken.

At.

The.

News...

sorry that's all the emotion I could muster up... i was far too busy thinking of the shedloads of victims who suffered as a result of his junta.

Nothing to do with anything political, a man who was a friend to Britain during the Falklands conflict has died the logistical and other help given by Pinochet shortend the war and saved lifes .

Nothing to do with anything political, a man who was a friend to Britain during the Falklands conflict has died the logistical and other help given by Pinochet shortend the war and saved lifes .

Does that outnumber the thousands he murdered? I find it hard to believe he saved that many lives...

What exactly was this help that Thatcher likes to go on about? The only event I am aware of is that they allowed a helicopter to refuel (and later be dumped) on their territory. Is there something else?