Strines Road Murders!

He also killed the nanny to.

It was at Ughill and the house has been converted to luxury flats.

There was a murder on the strines in the 1940s and the murderer broke into the Strines hotel and shot dead the owner.

He was eventually captured.

Christ I didnt know that. That puts me about for reasons I wont say on here. Bit too close for comfort for me that....

The Strines actually is my concern not the nanny. I am sorry to hear you are related to this guy I sincerely am but the sensationalism of these events will always take place. People cannot be blamed for discussing things like this and I am sure that somewhere in your life you gossip about the extraneous. Please dont be offended. Although I too wonder what the OP interest it is perhaps that like myself they just have an interest in history that extends to local history, or an interest in one of the properties

I wasn't aware that this happened at the Strines. How odd! I'm glad your interest lies in your historical bent, but if your interest is genuine, contact me on my own email.

The Strines actually is my concern not the nanny. I am sorry to hear you are related to this guy I sincerely am but the sensationalism of these events will always take place. People cannot be blamed for discussing things like this and I am sure that somewhere in your life you gossip about the extraneous. Please dont be offended. Although I too wonder what the OP interest it is perhaps that like myself they just have an interest in history that extends to local history, or an interest in one of the properties

Discuss, yes. Invent stories about it, no. Wasn't it bad enough? I'm stunned everyone had to get involved. Meeting someone once DOES NOT mean you are an expert in that person's behaviour. I from all of my heart ask you to leave us alone. If you still feel you need details please email me.

There's a video of Thornseat Lodge showing its sad state here -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k1L_LimVo34

Truly a sad sight, I hope it has now been restored, will continue to read this thread and hope for this conclusion,

mumsy

What a fascinating thread. I was looking for info on Thornseat Lodge having seen it earlier today and wondering how such a fantastic building was in the state it was but then couldn't stop reading. I have lived in and around Sheffield all my life and don't recall any of this. I just did a quick google search and apparently the gun that was used was handed to Ian Wood after the inquest in to the death of his father who shot himself, unbelievable.

Might think twice about going to Bakewell for my Fish & Chips in future if true!

On 21/01/2011 at 23:46, Elly W said:

Dear All

The vast majority of what has been posted here is incorrect. I particularly object to people who erroneously claim they knew my family or worked with them.

I am Ian Wood's daughter and am not on here to defend him. What I would ask is that people who are trying to rebuild their lives as a result of this vile crime are left in peace. Anyone who has a genuine reason for being interested in this horrific incident please PM me as it is insulting and silly the rubbish on here, and that this is gossip fodder.

To the people who claim to know us or have known us, it's a terrible shame you didn't come forward to offer your support at the time. I believe Ian received hundreds of letters of support.

I am not posting this to detract from what my father did. I am asking you to think before you post on a website.

E

Dear E,

You may not remember me

but I was one of your bestest friends at school. Over the years that have passed I have thought of you and your family so

often. You were always so

kind thoughtful and intelligent. We were devastated to discover what happened and it was such a dark time. You all went into hiding and I never saw you again, you couldn’t come

back to school.  I was so

lost without you and desperately wanted to

see you but we were told that we were not able to see you ever again and that we shouldn’t even look. When I last went to

your old family home you sat next to

me on the stairs and we

looked up

in fear. Now I know why you did it and it makes me cry. I would

dearly love to hear from

you again and if you ask your Mum

she will remember my name... I am

on fb. Just let me now

how you are if you feel able. I have spent years wondering. You

are were so very brave. Xx

Hi, 

I am currently researching this case for a possible television documentary. If anyone has any information can you please email me on jroddis@truenorth.tv 

I am trying to find the members of Ian Woods family to speak to them and also Danielle Lloyd's (nee Ledez) former husband and surviving child.

Joe Roddis

Assistant Producer

True North Productions

On 22/01/2011 at 00:15, Elly W said:

I wasn't aware that this happened at the Strines. How odd! I'm glad your interest lies in your historical bent, but if your interest is genuine, contact me on my own email.

Hi, Could you email me on jroddis@truenorth.tv 

Thank you 

On 07/04/2022 at 13:54, JLRODDIS said:

Hi, 

I am currently researching this case for a possible television documentary. If anyone has any information can you please email me on jroddis@truenorth.tv 

I am trying to find the members of Ian Woods family to speak to them and also Danielle Lloyd's (nee Ledez) former husband and surviving child.

Joe Roddis

Assistant Producer

True North Productions

Thank you 

You may be best contacting his Daughter Ellie W (page 7) who seemed fine about taking to anyone who was genuinely interested unfortunately she only posted for a day and hasn't been on since 2011

On 07/04/2022 at 13:54, JLRODDIS said:

Hi, 

Joe Roddis

Assistant Producer

True North Productions

Thank you 

Is it true that Ian Woods has now been released ?