Strines Road Murders!

Hi, What Would You Like To Contact Me Regarding?

My info is from Bradfield Parish council.

"It appears that you have great admiration for Mr Hague, as his affairs seem to consume a considerable amount of your time."..............................erm, no.

My info is from Bradfield Parish council.

And they know.

hello anonymous, i have just joined this forum in order to contact you is their any way you can contact me

hello ridney you can private msg me with your questions.

Hello Anonymous,

It seems that because I've only got one post, I can't send you a private message. Would it be possible for you to send me a private message containing your email address so that I can contact you privately.

It is a shame that such a fine property is going to rack and ruin.

daniell lloyd and her baby daughter were shot and killed in the bathroom at ughill hall, colin lloyds son was also shot and left for dead, he survived and is now living with his father, ian wood then fled to france and climbed notra damn, he was arrested and sent to prison, ughill hall was on the market about two years ago, not sure of the present owners,

unfortunately royalregular, your sources are highly inaccurate as I am positive that Mr Douglas Hague is not the owner, reason being that I am the owner and have been for some time.

It appears that you have great admiration for Mr Hague, as his affairs seem to consume a considerable amount of your time.

Perhaps I should also enquire about your sources of information regarding the current state of the property, considering that only the front view can be seen from the road, how is it that you know the state of the rear of the property?

Do you own Wilkin Hill Cottage as well?

A) Douglas Hague is not a member of Hague Plant

B) The property is neither owned by Douglas nor Hague Plant.

I believe that you are committing libel!

According to my research the current owner is HAGUE PLANT EXCAVATIONS LIMITED <snip>

Although note that a quick check with Companies House shows Hague Plant Excavations Limited as being registered at another address <snippy>

Their address was changed <snippy>.

It IS currently owned by Doug Hague

I have found no evidence that Douglas Hague is or was part of Hague Plant Excavations Ltd. There does appear to be a Dianne and a David Hague who are linked via "Hague Plant Limited" <snip> of which Martin Hartley Hague is also a director, but no mention as far as I can find, of a Douglas Hague. Perhaps the initials of one or both of these two individuals explains the misunderstanding that a "D" (Douglas) Hague is connected to the property?

...only the front of the building now remains.

I think you may be mistaken. I've found some very detailed photos of this property online (Dated February 2007) and it's clear to see on the photos (granted, as long as the date given is accurate) that much more of the building remains than just the front of it.

Some of you may also be interested to know that, the Title Register for this property/land includes a covenant that appears to prevent the alteration of the present nature of the property for a period of twenty one years.

It is however unclear whether the period of 21 years was effective from 28 November 1934 in an agreement between "Grange and Dale Limited" and the City of Sheffield, or from 6 December 1994 through a transfer of the land from "the City of Sheffield" to "Hague Plant Excavations Limited".

If it's from the latter date, 21 years would take us to December 2015 - this could explain the appearance that nothing is being done with the property, although if this is the case it's somewhat "criminal" (by that I don't mean illegal but highly disappointing) that the property should be allowed to deteriorate to the degree it has so far and at a rate that will possibly continue. Surely there must be some kind of requirement to maintain the building... although from my passing glances at the building when driving by (I've been driving past this building for the past 5 years, at one point 3 times per week for almost 18 months) and from the photos I've seen it looks like a fairly sizeable chunk of money would be required which brings it back in to perspective.

However, from the Company Accounts filed with Companies House by both Hague Plant Excavations Ltd and Hague Plant Ltd, it would appear that they're certainly not short of funds and presumably could afford to rescue/renovate the lodge if they chose to do so.

I have to wonder, why anyone owning such a beautiful property would be prepared to stand by whilst it falls apart, although possibly in the current owners defence, Thornseat Lodge was considered, in 1994, as the possible location for an eight-place secure unit.

At that time the Sheffield City Council advised that the building was unsuitable for conversion (although presumably not for it being derelict), but in any case the Peak National Park planners had advised the council that they would not give permission for any new buildings on the site which is in the Green Belt. Perhaps, just perhaps, red tape being what it is in this country, they have not actually been allowed (or it's been too much of a hassle to pursue) to do anything to the building, restorative or otherwise?

Although you'd surely look to sell up if this was the case (E.g. Sheffield City Council presumably sold it (also in December 2004) as it was of no use to them in their plans for the secure unit). So why would you tie up your money in a property you either can't or possibly willingly haven't done anything with since 1994?

My only conclusion is that there's light at the end of the tunnel (for someone) and I would suggest that the 21 year covenant mentioned in the Title Register must have something to do with it. I wouldn't be surprised to see bulldozers moving in to clear up it's remains some time after December 2015.

I truly hope somebody steps forward (current owners or otherwise) and rescues this building from what would appear to be it's certain doom.

Hell, if I had the money I'd buy it tomorrow!

At the moment Thornseat lodge is in a bad state of repair, it will not last untill 2015 . I have been told that it will be demolished, but i do not know when. Pictures of the lodge appear on various internet sites and people consider the place to be of historical intrest (myself included) I actually stayed there for some time and it was a place of great warmth, not like the cold shell it has been allowed to become. I would have thought the lodge was a solid maintainable building in 1994. What a shame.........

Me being of that age, I can remember a murder taking place at The Strines around 1967. The name of the culprit being Lee. I seem to remember it was at the inn, but it is so long ago.