Strines Road Murders!

The murders occured in the mid 80's at Ughill Hall and were committed by a Sheffield Solicitor called Wood. He murdered his French wife and daughter and then fled to France. He then climbed up a cathedral and threatened to jump. The crowd that gathered, shouted encouragement once they recognised him :-)

Sadly he failed to jump and was extradited back to Great Britain. He was tried for the murders and was found guilty. He received a mandatory life sentence for what were horrific murders.

If you mail me off forum, I may be able to give a bit more assistance

ceegee has it right, also Tony. Please don't make stuff up or spread rumour. This is not the house on Mortimer Road, it was Ughill Hall. I understand the boy who was shot while asleep in bed regained his sight and I think he is doing OK? Everyone else was killed.

The rumour would have had plenty of time to spread in the 10 months since the previous posting Grahame.

If I sound a bit uptight about it, that is because my mother was talking to the solicitors partner only a couple of days before, and one of my colleagues from work was at the house on the Saturday as it happened on the Sunday.

Is it Thornseat Lodge on Mortimer Road you are interested in? See below.

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/kirk6479/mycustompage0007.htm

I am currently researching the old derelict house on strines road/mortimer road in derbyshire/sheffield. I have heard rumors that a man killed his family there but am not sure as to wether or not these rumors are true. I would appreciate any information that anyone can give me as to the history of the house as it could prove valuble to my ongoing research of properties in that area.

Yours

Noswal

Hi, the house you mention seems to be thorseat lodge, there is a locked gate with a big boulder there, also there is a pretty modern house stands to its right. I do know that thornseat lodge was used by social services and the probation service as a childrens home prior to it becoming derilict. Its not however connected to any murder.

My goodness.that sounds like a nice place

thornseat lodge has at some time had scaffolding put up, i presume to do roof repairs etc. What i cannot understand is why such a historic/usefull building has been left empty to rot. Perhaps funding has run out, but it really needs redevelopment before it starts to collapse.

I believe Thornsett Lodge was bought by Doug Hague (of Hague Plant). He tends to buy up property around the Bradfield area and then do bugger all with it.

A) Douglas Hague is not a member of Hague Plant

B) The property is neither owned by Douglas nor Hague Plant.

I believe that you are committing libel!

Who does Thornsett Lodge belong to?

Thornsett Lodge was originally built as a shooting lodge for William Jessop of steel making fame. It became a children's home in the 30's and remained as one up until the early 80's.

It IS currently owned by Doug Hague, and only the front of the building now remains.

unfortunately royalregular, your sources are highly inaccurate as I am positive that Mr Douglas Hague is not the owner, reason being that I am the owner and have been for some time.

It appears that you have great admiration for Mr Hague, as his affairs seem to consume a considerable amount of your time.

Perhaps I should also enquire about your sources of information regarding the current state of the property, considering that only the front view can be seen from the road, how is it that you know the state of the rear of the property?

Hi ANONYMOUS, is there any way i can contact you?. If so will you pm me, thanks.